Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a credit card.

tag
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Looking for a credit card.

I am currently complete with having all of my Collection accounts REMOVED from my reports. It is now time for some rebuilding. I do show some late payments on other accounts but the most recent late was over 4 years ago. (1 account is showing 120+ late but I am disputing this because it is wrong. the account was closed and PIF in 2005.)

My Fico's are as follows

TU Fico: 645

EQ Fico: 630 (was 642 but fell 12pts when a collection was removed last night)

EX fako: 680

I have 2 unsecured cards as of today (tribute Mastercard, 2+ years never late and Target 1.5 years never late)

Can anyone point me to a good UNSECURED card? I am sure I could go with the usual suspects but do not want to have to pay the astronomical "accounts setup fees" that most come with ($300 cl with only $75 remaining after they charge you for everything under the sun)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a credit card.

You could give 1 of the big Credit Unions a try. The 3 I'm currently with and has yet to have any bad things to say about them.

CCCU

Alliant

Patelco

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try Capitalone.
Message 3 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@oneboss302 wrote:

I am currently complete with having all of my Collection accounts REMOVED from my reports. It is now time for some rebuilding. I do show some late payments on other accounts but the most recent late was over 4 years ago. (1 account is showing 120+ late but I am disputing this because it is wrong. the account was closed and PIF in 2005.)

My Fico's are as follows

TU Fico: 645

EQ Fico: 630 (was 642 but fell 12pts when a collection was removed last night)

EX fako: 680

I have 2 unsecured cards as of today (tribute Mastercard, 2+ years never late and Target 1.5 years never late)

Can anyone point me to a good UNSECURED card? I am sure I could go with the usual suspects but do not want to have to pay the astronomical "accounts setup fees" that most come with ($300 cl with only $75 remaining after they charge you for everything under the sun)

What is the DOFD? This may be reporting properly.

Message 4 of 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Good idea, bad choices.

Patelco tightened credit requirements due to massive California foreclosures. (Patelco lost some money)

Alliant is waste of time. Have no experience with CCCU.

Go to your local CU and finf out what they can do for you. Also there are plenty of big CU's with open FOM, but do your research before you start applying.

@Anonymous wrote:

You could give 1 of the big Credit Unions a try. The 3 I'm currently with and has yet to have any bad things to say about them.

CCCU

Alliant

Patelco

Message Edited by wmarat on 09-04-2009 08:42 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.