Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a good store card.

tag
TheRealJosh94
New Contributor

Looking for a good store card.

So, I recently got my New Discover it card, but oddly when I got my card and letter I see that they pulled TU at 707. Pretty neat! So my EQ is still at 676, and I wanted to try for one more CC. Now I've been eyeing the Target Redcard (store card), however, what I've been reading some people in the 600's were getting declined. That worries me a little because I'm only 18, and only had Credit for 7 months. Anyone living in Va. What does target pull from? The only Baddies I have are 5 inqs, and I always PIF. On the other hand, I was really looking for any other store cards that are easy to get. I prefer clothing, or electronics i.e.. Bestbuy, h.h. Greg. 

Thanks again! 

Current line: Capital One Journey's, $750, Capital One Venture 10k, Discover IT card, $2100 , American Express Gold Card, NPSL, BestBuy Citi Card, $4000, Chase Marriott 7k, Chase sapphire 3k, Citi simplicity 2k, Citi diamond preferred 2.8k.
Age: 20 Credit score: EQ: 760 TU:750 EX:745 Goal: 800 age 25
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for a good store card.

im 18 too bud got approved for american eagle general electric very easy and good with cli

Message 2 of 10
TheRealJosh94
New Contributor

Ahh, very nice! I'm almost catching up to you in cards, so far I have journey's and discover lol! What's your CL for American Eagle?

Current line: Capital One Journey's, $750, Capital One Venture 10k, Discover IT card, $2100 , American Express Gold Card, NPSL, BestBuy Citi Card, $4000, Chase Marriott 7k, Chase sapphire 3k, Citi simplicity 2k, Citi diamond preferred 2.8k.
Message 3 of 10
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Haha I see that funny thing is most of cards are new...

Like BRAND NEW..

I only had Journey and American Eagle GERB for 9 months.

I applied for Journeys the day after my 18th birthday then apped for American Eagle 3 months later. All the rest I got in March xD

My CL on my American Eagle was 700 to start with got a SP CLI to 950 recently. 

Message 4 of 10
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@TheRealJosh94 wrote:

Ahh, very nice! I'm almost catching up to you in cards, so far I have journey's and discover lol! What's your CL for American Eagle?

What is your income? I only got approved for 500 on my Discover Smiley Surprised 

/Jealous

Message 5 of 10
TheRealJosh94
New Contributor

I did the same with my Journey's card too lol kinda weird! But it's nice to see people my age building credit up, and being responsible. As for me, I don't really need X number of credit card's because my saying is: don't bite off more than you can chew. I think 3 or 4 CC's is more than enough for me lol But I'm going to apply to AE, only because they actually have nice clothes there lol 

Message 6 of 10
TheRealJosh94
New Contributor

I make about 13000/year working Part-time at Target, and going to school full-time. 

Message 7 of 10
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I vote Walmart, you'll get the free fico score
fico 747
Message 8 of 10
TheRealJosh94
New Contributor

Idk, I applied with them in January, and got declined Smiley Sad 

Message 9 of 10
sosabe77
Contributor

You should apply for the Walmart card.  If you don't qualify for the Discover version, they'll just offer you the Store card.  You get a free monthly TU FICO with either one.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.