Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a new credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a new credit card

Ok, looking to possibly getting a new credit card. I currently have a USAA secured card $1250CL(3yrs excellent history), CapOne QSONE $1600CL(2yrs excellent history), DiscoverIT $3800CL(1.5yrs excellent history). 1yr mortgage(joint w/ wife), 3 joint auto loans with my wife, $9500/$8500/$32K, at least a couple years on all. Income is 5800/mo, no late payments in 3yrs+.
Scores:
FICO 8: 665EQ/651TU/668EX

I’m looking at either Chase Freedom Unlimited or Citi Double cash. What bureau and version do either of these pull? Or does any lender use bankcard enhanced versions? Because I like those sores a lot more!
Bankcard enhanced version 8: 675EQ/669TU/647EX

Bankcard enhanced versions 5/4/2:
703EQ/722TU/717EX

Obviously I like the last scores the best and would apply with a card lender that uses those versions before anyone else. What do y’all think is the best course of action?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a new credit card

Chase hits my Equifax

Citi hits my Transunion.

Of the two cards - benefits wise (and taking into consideration what you currently have), I would go with the Double Cash. I use my Freedom Unlimited over my DC but that is only because I transfer all the points to my Chase Sapphire. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a specific reason you want the Double Cash?

Synchrony’s PayPal Cashback earns the same 2% but doesn’t have the gimmicky 1% now and 1% later and no FTF. Plus it’s Sync so they are okay with less than stellar credit and the card has a lot of growth potential. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So are you saying they don’t use bankcard enhanced scores? not partial any to particular lender or card. Synchrony could be a possibility, but don’t use PayPal much at all.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with getting PayPal 2% as it has been great for me.  The only issue I have is the rate is basically usury, but don't keep a balance.

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi usually pulls Fico 8 Ex and Eq , though to some , Tu. Chase also double pulls. Sync usually pulls TU
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase only pulled Experian when I applied for the Sapphire Preferred last September. When I got the credit card in the mail, there was included information about my credit score: 779 based on "Card Acquisition Risk Score V2." I'm not sure if this is a FICO Bankcard Score or one that's based on Chase's internal scoring system.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In case you’re interested, both Citi and Chase have credit card pre-qualification pages you can try.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I decided to go with a Capital One Venture card. I went to the pre-qualify page and was pre-qualified for the card. I decide to do the full application, and was approved for $12K limit! Yay! Scores they pulled were my mortgage enhanced scores: 686EQ 714TU 707EX
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the recent approval @Anonymous.

Locking this thread as you have been approved. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.