Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a recommendation for travel cards with spend bonuses for perks

tag
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

Looking for a recommendation for travel cards with spend bonuses for perks

Been on a research binge but looking for a little help. I've been getting some rewards/hotel cards for places I stay that have good perks with them. Room upgrades, status, perks etc... The Choice Card gives 8k points for 10k spend which is a little meh. The Best Western Card gives 20k points for 10k spend but I'm not really sure how much those points are worth at this point.

e.g. 10k annual spend on Ritz Carlton gets Gold Status for both Ritz and Mariott hotels.

Are there any other hotel/airline/travel cards that give a good annual bonus in status, points or perks in the 5-10k range that you would recommend? Most of the rest of my spend will be going to CSP.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a recommendation for travel cards with spend bonuses for perks

Marriott gives you silver each year and they up it after $10k spent IIRC. Good starting bonus too. Not a great rewards card for general spend, though. But you get the annual free night on categories 1-5 (but the AF of $85, so I look at it more as a "discounted" night)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase's IHG - 70k points after 2k spend, plus 5k for AU, Gives platinum elite status and a free night every year. $0 AF first year, then $49

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/ihg70aep2016?CELL=669C&cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-US-EN-TS-A-MNR-ChaseMaste...

Amex SPG - 25k points after 3k spend. $0 AF first year, then $95 (can get it before they merge with Marriott)

Citi's Hilton HHonors - Surpass Amex card 75k points after 3k spend. Gives you gold status. $75 AF.

Message 3 of 4
redpat
Senior Contributor

The best all around travel cards for perks are Amex plat and citi prestige.  

You get what you pay for.  They beat all hotel cards because you don't have to redeem points or spend to get huge benefits for a net cost after airline credit of 200 citi and 250 Amex, plus you are not stuck with one hotel program.  So if you travel often your benefits will easily exceed the cost and have airline lounge access and rental car perks to boot.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.