Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for cash rewards Mastercard with no FTF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for cash rewards Mastercard with no FTF

I'd suggest the Barclay arrival, no annual fee version.  2xs on travel and restaurants.  No FTF. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too prefer MC's for the reasons the OP mentioned. Definitely seems harder to find a good MC with no FTF though if you have strict requirements on the rewards.

Message 12 of 17
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think your best bet would be to get a CapitalOne Quicksilver MC, instead of Visa. 

There aren't a lot of Mastercards with no Foreign Transaction Fee to begin with, and wanting direct cash-back on top of it limits the selection even further.

Alternatively, if you get in with Navy Federal CU, you can get most of their cards in Visa or MC, and you could get their Cash Rewards as an MC (all NFCU cards have no FTF).

The Citi Thank you premier and prestiege are both Mastercards and has no FTF ( so do the AA cards)

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa Signature then PC to WMC. Hvent seen many world elite BOA cards.  But its not really cash rewards per se.

USAA, or Penfed ???  Probably a credit union card?

Can you apply for a quicksilver mastercard? I know you could go for a qs1 but that has an AF.

USAA has discontinued the issuance of Master Cards and is presently converting all of us to Visa (this is including Debit Cards). Special Service Affinity Cards are now also getting converted so the Mastercard options has ended recently.

Message 14 of 17
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know about this card:

https://www.vacu.org/Loans_Mortgages/Credit_Cards/Cash_Rewards_MasterCard.aspx

It is a standard 3-2-1 ala BoA Cash Rewards Card.  3% gas, 2% groceries and restaurant and 1% otherwise.  The APR varies from 10.99% - 21.99% based on your credit worthiness, but is fixed (it does not vary with the prime).  No AF, FTF, Cash Advance or balance transfer fees.

According to this post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Virginia-Credit-Union-membership-now-open-to-all-na...

they have World Master Cards, but I don't see it from a quick glance.

Overall, it is a mediocre cashback card (IMO), but it is a cash back MC with no FTF.

Message 15 of 17
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

One other option might be to app for a MC BoA Cash Rewards card (e.g. MLB),  Get the $200 bonus then product change to the BoA Travel Rewards.  But you would need to check to verify BoA would drop the FTF once it was converted to a TR card.  The standard TR card (Visa) does not have a FTF.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That new FAB&T everyone over on approvals is LOVING.. link here  https://www.fabtcardapply.com/onlinebanking/OnlineCreateApplication/  they have world and world elite

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.