cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals

I am looking for credit cards that will start you off with credit lines larger than $10,000.  I currently have a have a chase with $10,000, but looking for a couple others.  Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals

This will be dependent on what your credit profile looks like at the moment. Scores, currents cards, utilization, any derogs worth noting, etc so we can give you a more definitive answer.

 

I will say that there's a good possibility you won't be able to transfer the whole balance onto a single card unless you have a card with a good size limit that has BT offers on them like Disco and NFCU.

Message 2 of 12
Established Member

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals

From experience, both of my parents recieved starting limits of 25k and an APR of 11.9% on the NFCU Amex CC. They do not have stellar credit profiles and their income is ~35k and ~60k. It was by far the highest SL and CL either of them ever got. NFCU has been known to be rather generous but a military affiliation is required. I have NFCU and that CC that I have with them still has the highest CL out of any of my other CC's.


Message 3 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals

Highest Initial CL or growth CL?

 

Some of the high CL cards can be deceptive in that their caps on the CL are 25K now.  

 

Long term growth CL's can easily reach beyond 25K if you handle them right. 

 

For instance BOA I picked up a 10K approval with them and through several 10K+ CLI's have gotten them to 65K in under a year and a half.

 

Then you take Chase for a spin and ask for a CLI and get 5K but then a couple of weeks later you app for a new card and get ~26K out of them.  Which is ok because you can shuffle the limits around as needed with a SM.  

 

Amex is good for the long term and even the short term if you get approved for a 10K card and bump it to 30K in 61 days.

 

Barclay's Uber handed me a 11K instapproval that turned into a 25K approval with a quick phone call to bump them up.

 

It's hard to know which direction to point you in though because you didn't provide any info on what you have currently and missing any score information doesn't help either.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 4 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals


@Obscure-Expert wrote:

Highest Initial CL or growth CL?

 

Amex is good for the long term and even the short term if you get approved for a 10K card and bump it to 30K in 61 days.

 


3X CLI in 61 days?, lots of Data Points on People NOT getting That Bump.

sure some get it at 61 days, but its not a Guarantee, I have read 4,663 or so  post's and see several 61 day declines.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110...

and also, Amex does Not Start Everyone out at $10k,  sure some might get it, But I have seen More $1k Approvals than $10K

 

so saying $30k in 61 days could be just a little misleading. #JustSayin

Message 5 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals


@mboydii wrote:

I am looking for credit cards that will start you off with credit lines larger than $10,000.  I currently have a have a chase with $10,000, but looking for a couple others.  Thanks




Hi & Welcome To myFICO Forums!

 

$10,000 might be a tall order, depending on your credit profile, DTI and Income.

you might post some more Data Points to get some better guidance.

 

 

Message 6 of 12
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals

Im looking for a single lady with a high balance debit card but unfortunately im on a credit card forum so im stuck with myself and low balance credit cardsSmiley Sad

On the reelz, check out Disco or Amex. Credit Unions might start you out high if they like your income. Dang i need some sugga...mommaSmiley Wink
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
2022
!
Message 7 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals


@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Obscure-Expert wrote:

Highest Initial CL or growth CL?

 

Amex is good for the long term and even the short term if you get approved for a 10K card and bump it to 30K in 61 days.

 


3X CLI in 61 days?, lots of Data Points on People NOT getting That Bump.

sure some get it at 61 days, but its not a Guarantee, I have read 4,663 or so  post's and see several 61 day declines.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110...

and also, Amex does Not Start Everyone out at $10k,  sure some might get it, But I have seen More $1k Approvals than $10K

 

so saying $30k in 61 days could be just a little misleading. #JustSayin


What are you arguing about here? 

 

I didn't say they would get approved for 10K I said IF.  61 days is when the door opens to request one normally outside of the ones that ask when they activate the card and get approved for it.  

 

So, IF, they did get a approved for 10K and then did get approved for a 3X then that would be 30K right?  

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 8 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals


@Obscure-Expert wrote:


What are you arguing about here? 


No Argument hereSmiley Happy, it is simply JMHO and keeping it FSR as the Forum Rules suggest.

Hope You Have A Great Day!

Message 9 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for credit cards with high balance approvals


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Im looking for a single lady with a high balance debit card but unfortunately im on a credit card forum so im stuck with myself and low balance credit cardsSmiley Sad

I am looking to be Joe's wingman! Yet, I ended u here.



“If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.