Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for the best chance at card approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for the best chance at card approval

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit,  my current fico scores are as follows,  equifax- 586  trans-621  experian-566  

I have alot of collections from 2008 to 2012  ALOT ,  almost all are medical bills that range from $10-$450  should I pay any of these or let them fall off?

I have a good relationship with Innovations Federal CU, hence the decent transunion score- I have a auto loan from them that ran 30 to 60 days late until 6/2014  since then ive been on time everytime,  i also have a secured credit card from them since sept 2014, all payments on time everytime and do not carry a balance.

My inquires are  equifax-1  transunion-2 (both innovations fcu)  experian-0  

Im looking to add a credit card , i'm guessing i need one that pulls only transunion score since my other 2 are so low,  and i'd like them to report to all 3.  Does anyone have a reccomendation on a good card for this situation?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for the best chance at card approval

The secured card may be the best you're going to be able to get for a while. 

RE: The collections. You can try negotiating with them in order to get them to delete the collection line. This is known as paying for delete ("PFD"). I would not pay the collections without that agreement. Once you start paying them, you're on the hook and my understanding is that they don't age off in that scenario. 

RE: The auto loan late, you could try calling the CU or sending them a letter and asking them to remove the derogatory mark. This is a process known as "goodwill" and, as you might expect, relies on the goodwill you've built up to get the CU to do something nice for you.

There are other secured cards out there that you could try. Under absolutely no circumstances should you get a card from Credit One. However, Capital One is frequently willing to work with people in your situation and might give you a secured card. I think that some of the other banks (BoA, maybe?) will give you a secured that can graduate to an unsecured card after a year of on-time payments. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for the best chance at card approval

Ok, I guess I will let the medical ago off the report then.  I just figured that since many of them were under $100 it would be best to pay them.  But with the oldest being from 2008 I imagine they will be gone eventually

I will also contact the cu and see if they wil make some goodwill changes.  Ive been with them for 3 auto loans since 2009  , 2 are paid off- the third had a high of 20k and is now at 8500 But I had a rough patch where it all fell apart.  But have since got on track and have been on top with both the loan (since 06/14) and credit card ( since i got it in sept. )  

I was hoping the 621 tu score could get me approved with someone.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.