Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking forward hitting the Luv button x 4

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward hitting the Luv button x 4

Between DH and I, we have several accounts coming up on eligible CLI windows approaching! I've been counting the days and hope we get at least a few! I'll report back because on the success as we still have a BK 13 reporting for 6-10 more mo.

Next up:

DH - Amex BCE at 61 days on 8/15 ($500 SL)
DH - Cap One QS1 post 5th statemt after 8/17 ($1k SL), still hoping for pre-steps CLI
Me- Discover at 91 days on 8/20 ($800 SL)
Me- Total Rewards at 4mo +1 day on 8/21 ($1500 SL)

So far have received $100 CLI pre steps on my Cap One QS1 after 2nd statement & $200 Overstock cli 2 months after opening

We have a couple more in Sept & Oct to try and praying that Penfed gives us an offer after next review.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking forward hitting the Luv button x 4

@Anonymous wrote:
Between DH and I, we have several accounts coming up on eligible CLI windows approaching! I've been counting the days and hope we get at least a few! I'll report back because on the success as we still have a BK 13 reporting for 6-10 more mo.

Next up:

DH - Cap One QS1 post 5th statemt after 8/17 ($1k SL), still hoping for pre-steps CLI

So far have received $100 CLI pre steps on my Cap One QS1 after 2nd statement & $200 Overstock cli 2 months after opening

We have a couple more in Sept & Oct to try and praying that Penfed gives us an offer after next review.

It's good that you have these CLI opportunities ahead but just would like to say please do not get too upset if any or all result in denials.  Far too often posters, including myself, expect that they should be given a CLI every time that they ask and that's just not the case.  Most credit card holders never ask for a CLI and because of forums like this people tend to think that CLIs are guaranteed and take it as some sort of personal insult if they are denied.  I have credit scores right at 800 and I still get denials, especially with Capital One and I have  been denied before by Discover, Amex, Citi (after attempts that resulted in 3 HPs but that's another story).  The time periods you have listed above are very short periods after receiving the cards and often it takes a longer period to build your standing with a creditor before they will give you a CLI or sometimes never grant you one.

I wish you luck and I hope that you get CLIs on all of them but if not,just be patient and most likely the limits will grow in time.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

good lucky
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Next up:

Good luck on having a successful week of CLIs

Message 4 of 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I'm curious to see your Amex results. I too have a BK 13 still showing. I had read that Amex will not do a CLI as long as the BK is still reporting. I was denied at the end of May and am waiting to see if anyone with a BK receives a CLI.

I have had luck with both Cap1 and Discover though.

Good luck and let us know your results!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

< set finger crossing mode to ON >

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 12
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Next up:

I'm wishing you good luck, but I think you should know that Amex is probably going to be a double no. Once for the reporting BK, and once because they don't generally give a 61 day CLI to lower starling limits. Eventually they'll crack, but you might be looking at a few years before that happens. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, I realize I have to manage my expectations.
In fact, we've been hitting the Luv button on DH's Cap One since the 2nd statement with no Luv, so we've got a taste of reality this far.

I'm in an analytical role and for me this is more about statistics. I'm constantly looking for data points to improve my credit game, so I want to share with others what happens. We don't see as many BK13's here as 7's so hopefully by documenting my cli attempts it'll help someone else.

Woke up too early to hit up Amex so I'll be back later to provide the results of attempt #1.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luv attempt #1 on Amex was a fail, got a 7-10 day message. It just said request was submitted. Does it reset the clock or likely because it'll give a different reason, it won't be eligible for 180 days now?
Message 9 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Luv attempt #1 on Amex was a fail, got a 7-10 day message. It just said request was submitted. Does it reset the clock or likely because it'll give a different reason, it won't be eligible for 180 days now?

7-10 day is going to either be you tried too early or a denial.  You should get an email with a prompt to call.  If it was too early, try again later.  If it was an actual denial, the wait is only 91 days, not 180.  Better luck next time!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.