Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to upgrade my cards

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Looking to upgrade my cards

@lilbirdie69 wrote:

Is there a specific order I should apply like CSP before AMEX gold? or does it not really matter?

Amex pulls EX primarily and Chase pulls EX/EQ primarily - there have been some who have received double pulls with Chase and to be fair, Amex will pull all 3 if borderline. Since you haven't applied in awhile,I wouldn't worry about inq's- I would start with the card you want the most.

If you have a Chase branch near you, app at the branch the spend requirement is only $2k as opposed to $3k. 

Message 11 of 22
BigBS
Senior Contributor

How long have you had the JetBlue AMEX?  Only ask as a reminder that closing it will have an impact on your AAoA.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@BigBS wrote:

How long have you had the JetBlue AMEX?  Only ask as a reminder that closing it will have an impact on your AAoA.

How so?

Message 13 of 22
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

How so?

Apologies, got ahead of myself.  Thanks for the catch, Lexie.  Would still report for 10 years from closing.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 14 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@BigBS wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

How so?

Apologies, got ahead of myself.  Thanks for the catch, Lexie.  Would still report for 10 years from closing.

No worries. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@lilbirdie69 wrote:

Is there a specific order I should apply like CSP before AMEX gold? or does it not really matter?

Welcome to the forum.  I notice that you might not know how to respond to posts by using our quote feature. 

1.  Click "reply" on the post you want to respond to.

2013-11-21_1619_Reply_Button.png

2. To the right of the Spell Check button -- and above the message post window -- you will see the quote button.  It should look like this:

Quote Function.jpg

3.  Tap the quote bubble to insert the text of the post you are responding to and the block of text will appear in the message post window.

4.  Type your response below the quoted block of text and then click preview if you'd like to proof the post before submitting, or click "Post" at the bottom of the message post window.

Message 16 of 22
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO. The 50% util is really hurting you. Util is calculated across all cards and also individually. Close Jetblue, keep Slate open as it's free.

As others noted, you want to do new applications for CSP (40k UR points) and PRG (25k MR points). Why? Because you will earn the signing bonus, which is 1 per card per lifetime for Chase and AMEX. Product changes don't include this bonus.

On that note, you probably don't meet the underwriting criteria for CSP at this time, despite being an existing cardmember. Can others chime in on this?

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 17 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

Re: FICO. The 50% util is really hurting you. Util is calculated across all cards and also individually. Close Jetblue, keep Slate open as it's free.

As others noted, you want to do new applications for CSP (40k UR points) and PRG (25k MR points). Why? Because you will earn the signing bonus, which is 1 per card per lifetime for Chase and AMEX. Product changes don't include this bonus.

On that note, you probably don't meet the underwriting criteria for CSP at this time, despite being an existing cardmember. Can others chime in on this?

Once the balances update, FICO scores should go up.  With no baddies, I think OP will be fine. 

Message 18 of 22
lilbirdie69
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:

@lilbirdie69 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.  I notice that you might not know how to respond to posts by using our quote feature. 

1.  Click "reply" on the post you want to respond to.

2013-11-21_1619_Reply_Button.png

2. To the right of the Spell Check button -- and above the message post window -- you will see the quote button.  It should look like this:

Quote Function.jpg

3.  Tap the quote bubble to insert the text of the post you are responding to and the block of text will appear in the message post window.

4.  Type your response below the quoted block of text and then click preview if you'd like to proof the post before submitting, or click "Post" at the bottom of the message post window.

Thank you for showing me how to do this.

USAA World 22K/ Southwest Plus 15k/ CSP 12k / Chase Marriott Rewards 11k / Citi Platinum AA Card 8500k / Barclay US Airways 7500k/ Citi Hilton Reserve 6k/ Chase Slate 4500k
Message 19 of 22
lilbirdie69
Valued Member

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

Yes, I am hoping that once the AMEX and chase current balance is reported, my score will go back up to qualify for the cards...

My USAA card will be the only card with a higher UTI left. Two months ago, they did increase my limit from 20k to 22k and lowered my interest rate down without me asking, so I am on great terms ( I believe) with that card despite the high UTI.

With my AMEX - I tend to always pay off the balance. It was a little scary when I pulled up my year summary from last year to see how much I charged, paid off, and charged again. So, I usually send large payments and have paid off the balance about twice a year in the last two years. But, it doesn't reward me as my trueblue points sit in my account.

Chase - I receive mail offers all the time for the freedom card, but hoping once my balance reports, I can qualify for the CSP card.

Too bad, USAA doesn't have any good reward cards as in my experience, they have been great with me.

USAA World 22K/ Southwest Plus 15k/ CSP 12k / Chase Marriott Rewards 11k / Citi Platinum AA Card 8500k / Barclay US Airways 7500k/ Citi Hilton Reserve 6k/ Chase Slate 4500k
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.