cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Regions has been infected by Discover...

tag
steel_string
Regular Contributor

Looks like Regions has been infected by Discover...

I guess the double cashback thing is contagious. Regions checking has a double cashback offer for the month of July.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looks like Regions has been infected by Discover...

Discover's checking account also has double cash back going on, it's crazy.

Message 2 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Now if only Capital One would double the cash back for the QuickSilver to 3% for a while...

Yeah, I know, it's not likely.  Hey, a boy can dream...  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Now if only Capital One would double the cash back for the QuickSilver to 3% for a while...

Yeah, I know, it's not likely.  Hey, a boy can dream...  Smiley Wink

I would love that!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second that. That would make for an awesome combination (5%/10%+ card and 3% everyday card). Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since we're dreaming, i'd love Citi Double Cash Card's CB to be doubled too! Double all cash backs earned at the end of the 12th billing cycle hahaha. So it's gonna be like Citi Doubled Twice Cash Card.  lol 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO... yall need to learn how to coupon

Message 7 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No need to learn here... I'm quite good at it.  Went to Belk yesterday, shopped for myself, and had coupons for everything (even one for an additional 10% off clearance). I got a fantastic deal (75% off or greater) for each item I purchased.  The lady that rung up my sale even seemed impressed.

Don't even get me started with the grocery store... LOL.

I should add that I'm a dude as well... and if I can do it, anybody can.  Smiley Tongue  (Actually, I'm too darn poor not to use coupons - can't leave any $$$ on the table.)

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No need to learn here... I'm quite good at it.  Went to Belk yesterday, shopped for myself, and had coupons for everything (even one for an additional 10% off clearance). I got a fantastic deal (75% off or greater) for each item I purchased.  The lady that rung up my sale even seemed impressed.

I should add that I'm a dude as well... and if I can do it, anybody can.  Smiley Tongue  (Actually, I'm too darn poor not to use coupons - can't leave any $$$ on the table.)

AWESOME!  I suggest whenever traveling see if there is a RiteAid close by. And also the best grocery shopping is done at Schnuks, or Piggly Wiggly where they double or triple your coupons. 

Remember extreme couponers? Yep, piggly is where they shopped!

How many sunday papers do you subscribe to? Do you use livingrichwithcoupons database before buying each product? They have a great inventory thats easy to access.  Of course the regular sites like cuckooforcoupondeals totallytarget  krazycouponlady wildforwags etc

Message 9 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

AWESOME!  I suggest whenever traveling see if there is a RiteAid close by. And also the best grocery shopping is done at Schnuks, or Piggly Wiggly where they double or triple your coupons. 

Remember extreme couponers? Yep, piggly is where they shopped!

How many sunday papers do you subscribe to? Do you use livingrichwithcoupons database before buying each product? They have a great inventory thats easy to access.  Of course the regular sites like cuckooforcoupondeals totallytarget  krazycouponlady wildforwags etc

I've learned from trial-and-error that some things are cheaper at some stores than others; for example, I tend to do really well with detergents and soaps at Publix (also double coupons 50¢ and under) when they run their buy-one-get-one (BOGO) specials.  My other local favorite is Kroger, which surprisingly beats Walmart on many of the items I shop for.  I have found the 'key' is you have to really know what stuff costs; it's impossible to take advantage of a good deal if you don't know the prices of the stuff you usually buy.  Years ago I was never concerned about prices on the 'staples', since they are necessary no matter what, but I learned I was missing out on specials by not paying better attention.

Out of pure laziness I started getting coupons from a clipping service but quickly found out my 'laziness' was actually paying off because it was cheaper (for me) than buying two or three newspapers a week.  I can simply order as many coupons as I need for only the items I purchase, where otherwise I would be limited by the number of papers I purchased (and Sunday papers are pricey here).  Plus by using the service, you get them several days before they are in the actual newspaper as well.

I also take advantage of the Walmart Savings Catcher (when I shop there) and the SavingStar app as well.  I've not found 'huge' savings from either, but having an occasional $5 or $6 to put back in my pocket for very little effort is nothing to complain about.  I've also found good deals at Target, specifically lately for my OTC Nexium by stacking both a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon (I've stocked up), but I always buy myself a Target gift card from Kroger before shopping there, so I get the Fuel Points for the purchase as well as the 6% cash back using my Amex BCP.  I also buy myself Netflix and Hulu gift cards from Kroger for my own use, again for the Fuel Points and BCP 6% cash back (so far both are paid through nearly the end of the year).

I'm quick to tell folks that being male doesn't mean you are automatically too ignorant/lazy/proud to use a coupon.  Actually, for me my credit card rewards activity is just an extension of this.  I've been teased that I can "squeeze a penny until it squeals", but I just say if you look after the pennies the dollars will take care of themselves.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.