cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like banks are starting to push credit out there.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Looks like banks are starting to push credit out there.

I recevied today in the mail offer from Wells Fargo on my Propel amex card an offer with checks loan balance transfer for 15 months with a 4 percent transaction fee. Alalso in the past month seen offers on my BOA account and Discover with balance transfer offers. We might be getting past Covid bank blues. It might be time to start asking for credit increases or go after new accounts.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Looks like banks are starting to push credit out there.

@firefox100 wrote:

I recevied today in the mail offer from Wells Fargo on my Propel amex card an offer with checks loan balance transfer for 15 months with a 4 percent transaction fee. Alalso in the past month seen offers on my BOA account and Discover with balance transfer offers. We might be getting past Covid bank blues. It might be time to start asking for credit increases or go after new accounts.

Sounds good I know for myself I have received 4 auto cli in the last 3 months.

Message 2 of 9
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Which banks gave you the auto cli. I have tried to get credit increases from Citi double cash couple of times this year and got turn down. Also Boa gave me no go last month. Wells Fargo was the only bank who gave me 2K credit increase from 18K to 20K. My fico score are just over 800 and ul is under 1 percent, do have lot of credit available. Total cl is 211.9K and the out standing debit is $700. I am going to ask for another cli on Citi some time next month to see if Citi will play nice now.

Message 3 of 9
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Which banks gave you the auto cli. I have tried to get credit increases from Citi double cash couple of times this year and got turn down. Also Boa gave me no go last month. Wells Fargo was the only bank who gave me 2K credit increase from 18K to 20K. My fico score are just over 800 and ul is under 1 percent, do have lot of credit available. Total cl is 211.9K and the out standing debit is $700. I am going to ask for another cli on Citi some time next month to see if Citi will play nice now.

Errrr ok first consider I'm new in the rebuild so my cards are not of that high caliber but they are helping me increase my scores for down the line at acheiving those Prime Guys.

1. 2 creditone cards

2. cerulean bank

3. Merrick double cash

Paying and taking care of all cards as I should and letting them age for another year before I tackle new ones. Letting my AoYRA hit 12 months in another 3 months also.

Message 4 of 9
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

If by double cash you mean one of Merrick's Double Your Line cards, a one-time CLI is a feature of those products.

Message 5 of 9
firefox100
Valued Contributor

The double cash is the Citi bank double cash back mastercard, which gives you 1 percent when you charge some thing on the card and 1 percent when you pay your account so it is a 2 percent cash back card on spending.

Message 6 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

I don't do Wells Fargo. I don't see any BT offers on either my BoA Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards cards, but I did get a mailer offer of 0% for 9 months on my Cash Rewards, waiting for the statement to cut on 12/8 to activate.  I've done several BTs on Disco so I get monthly BT offers. I got a 12 month 0% BT offer on my First Bankcard (FNB Omaha) but with only a $4k CL I requested a CLI, but I keep my CRs locked & Experian notified me they blocked FNB's attempted HP. I don't allow a HP just for a CLI so they can stuff it, they provide me a monthly EX Fico9 so they don't need a HP.

Message 7 of 9
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

The double cash is the Citi bank double cash back mastercard, which gives you 1 percent when you charge some thing on the card and 1 percent when you pay your account so it is a 2 percent cash back card on spending.

Yeah, if that's what was meant by "Merrick double cash" above.  I was just pointing out if it was a mistype for Merrick Double Your Limit getting the one-time auto CLI that comes with those wouldn't necessarily be an indicator of the state of cc lending in general.

Message 8 of 9
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Yeah, if that's what was meant by "Merrick double cash" above.  I was just pointing out if it was a mistype for Merrick Double Your Limit getting the one-time auto CLI that comes with those wouldn't necessarily be an indicator of the state of cc lending in general.

Meant to say Merrick Double Your Limit and yes received the one time cli after 7 months and then an auto several months later but this year received an auto in Sept and an auto a few days ago.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.