cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

when i grow up I wwant to be like you! LOL J.K. or am I.....

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 11 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wowwwww!!!!!! You are awesome!!!! I can't wait to have cred like that!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congrats!

popcorn.gif

Message 13 of 18
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

Three unrequested CLI's showed up today, all from SPs which occurred on the same date. The date is a coincidence, I'm sure, but the amounts of the CLI's make it pretty clear that my lenders are trying to match one another line for line.

Merrill Lynch + Signature: WAS $23k  INCREASED TO $33k  (now matches NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature)

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  WAS $36k  INCREASED TO $42k (now matches Citi Hilton HHonors Signature)

Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature:  WAS $17k  INCREASED TO $23k  (now matches previous Merrill Lynch + Signature line)

Is anybody else seeing this sort of competition going on with their limits?

Congrats on the limit increases. I think the banks are easing up and giving out lots of credit right now. Maybe in preperation for the annual holiday spending.

BTW: I got approved for the Amex HHonors card. Decided to go with that over the citi card. I also got approved for a $5k chase freedom. Thanks for your help and recommendations.

Tell your son to try for the Amex HHonors rather than the citi card. I talked to citi about their credit requirements, and they seem a bit more strict than amex.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 18
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats. I wanna be like you too

Message 15 of 18
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats. I wanna be like you too. Those are really nice limits

Message 16 of 18
rosegardener
Established Member

Smiley Surprised

I bow to thee oh king of the great whacking credit lines.  Good Lord!!

You are proof what years of good credit behavior can reap.  Talk about a light at the end of the tunnel.

Well done, sir, well done.

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 17 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I remember I thought I was a king when Macy's increased the limit to $1000. I thought I was a god when GE Capital Retail Bank increased me up to $2380 lol. In time I hope to get high limits like yours; I am about a third of the way there so maybe not too long to wait.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.