cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of inquiries, card issuers that are inquiry friendly?

tag
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Lots of inquiries, card issuers that are inquiry friendly?

Hi guys and gals!

I've been MIA lately, but I see this forum is still going strong!

I have opened many business related accounts recently, credit card processing, business cards, cell phones (HP, which is pathetic) and others. Non of these report as they're all business accounts but they pull on all 3 cra's and now I have something like 12 or 13 pulls in the last 6 months. Wanted to get a card with 0% offer to transfer some balances too and barclays flat out denied me for the ring, sole reason? Inquiries! I called to recon and they didn't want to hear it, they said my score is exceptional and "I've been doing a good job with my trade lines", but the inquiries are too many.

So this brings me to my question, any inquiry friends cards out there?

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Lots of inquiries, card issuers that are inquiry friendly?

Did you explain that they were business operations related? I hear Barclays is the most inq sensitive of the bunch. It would be helpful if you mentioned what you have or don't have. I don't personally have an opinion for you though.

Message 2 of 10
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Thanks, I did explain it to them, but they just didn't want to hear it. Called back to see if another representative would be more willing to work with me and the first thing they said was "I see you spoke to another rep., I wouldn't be able to over turn his decision. Sorry"

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 3 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I don't think you are going to have any luck with Barclays. Don't know of any other offers either. You have found the bad thing about all the pulls from business credit. 

I got a couple of offers from Citi for 0% BT up to my limit. 3% fee for transfer. I'm not carrying any balances I won't pay off monthly but if I was this might be a good deal. Do you have a Citi card? 

Message 4 of 10
theeurotuner
Valued Member

No, never had a citi card. The only reason being the rewards, they're terrible, lol. I'll take a look at there offers though. Thank you

Message 5 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I'm not nuts about Citi but they are the only game for American Airlines. I am trying their Hilton card too, not bad so far. 

Message 6 of 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Chase has Slate for BT and a great recon system

Message 7 of 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Citi did come to mind here too. I'm going for their AA card sometime soon. Unfortunately their is no bonus miles for a BT right now. Ironically there is 10k bonus points for BT on the Barclays US Air card which will roll into AA FF sometime next year. 

The Slate does appear to have 0% BT w/ no fee.  This seems too good to be true. I'd check that out.

Message 8 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Citi did come to mind here too. I'm going for their AA card sometime soon. Unfortunately their is no bonus miles for a BT right now. Ironically there is 10k bonus points for BT on the Barclays US Air card which will roll into AA FF sometime next year. 

The Slate does appear to have 0% BT w/ no fee.  This seems too good to be true. I'd check that out.

Not so fast. The DOJ has said "I don't think so". Still time for another round of US Air cards for those who get some Barclays love (not me it seems). 

Message 9 of 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

Not so fast. The DOJ has said "I don't think so". Still time for another round of US Air cards for those who get some Barclays love (not me it seems). 

Well that was some breaking news.  I sure wish Virgin America had more flights to more destinations, along with an awesome FF program matches with a CC.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.