Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love my Discover IT!!!

tag
NCGirl
New Contributor

Love my Discover IT!!!

Just went to the Discover site to check my usage. Noticed that I had accumulated $161 in rewards dollars. I clicked the button to redeem the bonus, thinking that I would have to put the bonus money toward my bill... but no, Discover allows you to elect to have the bonus money put directly into your checking account.

Since I just came back from a Disney vacation with the grand kids, I am a bit cash poor, so with a huge smile on my face, I have the rewards money moved to my checking account! Next time, I'll probably try out some of the gift cards because it looked like I'll be able to get more for my money with those. I'm so excited. Will be using ShopDiscover even more so I can continue to rack up rewards dollars.

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Love my Discover IT!!!

Very nice!!! Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Nice welcome home gift - congrats!

Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@NCGirl wrote:

Just went to the Discover site to check my usage. Noticed that I had accumulated $161 in rewards dollars. I clicked the button to redeem the bonus, thinking that I would have to put the bonus money toward my bill... but no, Discover allows you to elect to have the bonus money put directly into your checking account.

Since I just came back from a Disney vacation with the grand kids, I am a bit cash poor, so with a huge smile on my face, I have the rewards money moved to my checking account! Next time, I'll probably try out some of the gift cards because it looked like I'll be able to get more for my money with those. I'm so excited. Will be using ShopDiscover even more so I can continue to rack up rewards dollars.

thats one thing i do love about Discover! moving your money to your checking account.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I love it!! Awesome.
Message 6 of 11
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@NCGirl wrote:

I have gained a new respect and affection for my Discover IT, since I became aware of their awsome rewards and very user-friendly terms and conditions.

Starting in July, they will be offering 5% cash-back on gas purchases, so that nice, shiny card is going to earn some battle scars.

I think that in the neighborhood of PrimeVille, the Discover card is fast establishing some serious street-cred.

Message 7 of 11
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Awesome!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 8 of 11
Arago
New Contributor

Discover IT rocks!  I hope this means more will accept Discover.  They also need to add more card designs, but they still have improved. 

Message 9 of 11
JonStur
Established Contributor

Still hanging on to my More being stubborn....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.