Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the smell of new plastic

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Love the smell of new plastic

@Shogun wrote:

Got home today and wife had my mail sitting on my desk.

My 3 new cards came in today.

Chase Freedom

Amex BCE

Citi TYP

There's just something about that new card smell. 

congrats! Smiley Happy nice 3 ccs Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 21 of 35
JonStur
Established Contributor

I like when you pull the new cards off of the paper and that rubbery sticky gluey stuff stretches like a hot cheesey pizza..sometimes I'll put the card back on and pull it off again..such a FICO weirdo...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 22 of 35
azguy13
Senior Contributor

You should order a personalized card with a pizza as the picture JUST for that reason

@JonStur wrote:

I like when you pull the new cards off of the paper and that rubbery sticky gluey stuff stretches like a hot cheesey pizza..sometimes I'll put the card back on and pull it off again..such a FICO weirdo...

Message 23 of 35
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@Dreamwalker wrote:

Congrats!

Starting score 504? Wow! You've come a long way.

I know right!?

@Shogun: Congrats man, and how long did it take you to reach that 800 score?

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 35
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Took me a couple years.  I hated taking the pulls and the hit on the AAoA.  I know I'm going to take a hit, but it's necessary to thicken my CR.  I'm aiming for 820+ across the boards.   

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 25 of 35
HiLine
Blogger

@JonStur wrote:

I do that too... I thought I was alone Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 35
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Took me a couple years.  I hated taking the pulls and the hit on the AAoA.  I know I'm going to take a hit, but it's necessary to thicken my CR.  I'm aiming for 820+ across the boards.   

Same here. However, I pulled the trigger on my latest cards because the only credit I forsee needed in the next 2 years is an auto loan in dec/jan. Its nice being satisfied with where you are at. I think it will make gardening a bit easier

Message 27 of 35
vpae
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@JonStur wrote:

Funny story, I was approved for the CSP last week and called to had it expedited. I got it on Monday and took the card out so fast that the sticky glue ripped off part of the Silver Visa logo! There's a line of silver stuck on the glue. 

I dealt with it for an entire day and ordered a replacement card online. I was too OCD and in love with this beautiful card to deal with it. 

The next day I got another CSP in the mail and realized it came way too quick. I called in to activate it and it turns out this was the original card they sent out when I was approved. 

I asked the Rep to cancel the other replacement card order but she said it already shipped! Lol

Guess I'll have backups now Smiley Happy 

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 28 of 35
HiLine
Blogger

@vpae wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@JonStur wrote:

Funny story, I was approved for the CSP last week and called to had it expedited. I got it on Monday and took the card out so fast that the sticky glue ripped off part of the Silver Visa logo! There's a line of silver stuck on the glue. 

I dealt with it for an entire day and ordered a replacement card online. I was too OCD and in love with this beautiful card to deal with it. 

The next day I got another CSP in the mail and realized it came way too quick. I called in to activate it and it turns out this was the original card they sent out when I was approved. 

I asked the Rep to cancel the other replacement card order but she said it already shipped! Lol

Guess I'll have backups now Smiley Happy 

You can give me the first one you got. I really wouldn't mind Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 35
Irisa
Senior Contributor

I am loving this thread Smiley Happy  

I've never really noticed the new credit card smell. I may have to get a new card to check it out. Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.