cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Score Credit Card

tag
monstere316

Low Score Credit Card

Im trying to rebuild my credit and I have a secured credit card right now. I would like to get another unsecured card if possible. I was approved for one today but with a 300 dollar limit, 36% interest and 95 dollar processing fee. Are there any credit cards that I could be approved with a score under 600?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Low Score Credit Card

It depends - need a little more information regarding your credit profile. Baddies? Inq's?
Are you a member of a CU? Who is your secured card with?

Did you say 36% APR?
Message 2 of 50
Simply827
Established Contributor

First Premier, Credit One, and Applied Bank come to mind. Orchard Bank was one of the better ones, but you can't apply for it any more. When looking for a card try to get one with as few fees as possible. I suppose I lucked out with my Credit One card only having a $75 annual fee.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 3 of 50
monstere316

Yes 36%. I have one collection, 2 different accounts with a 30 day late payment. Alot of inquires. Ive had the card for 16 months now, it is through arvest bank. 500 secured card.

Message 4 of 50
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

For rebuilding purposes, I would say give CreditOne Bank a shot. Keep it for a year and close it thereafter. Don't apply for more credit during that year, and you should be able to get a new decent card.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 5 of 50
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Please stay away from Creditone and such ....I don't try to go against others but speak from experience with the bank I would stay away from it( just cancel it 1 week ago )....
Maybe try a few below :
1. credit union
2. local bank secured credit card with at least 1k limit
3. Store card
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 50
monstere316

I just applied and was approved for Capitol one. I tried for a Walmart card but it said it would send a letter in 7-10 days and I read that this generally means not approved. What's wrong with Capitol one
Message 7 of 50
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@monstere316 wrote:
I just applied and was approved for Capitol one. I tried for a Walmart card but it said it would send a letter in 7-10 days and I read that this generally means not approved. What's wrong with Capitol one

I would call the backdoor number for walmart, the 7-10 day is not always a bad thing. It could be some conflicting info on your report (address, etc), so if I were you, I would get on that!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Message 8 of 50
monstere316

Ok where can I find that number?
Message 9 of 50
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@monstere316 wrote:
Ok where can I find that number?

You can find the thread here

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.