Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low credit line- Less than $5,000 for new approved Priceline Visa

tag
nishant1
New Contributor

Low credit line- Less than $5,000 for new approved Priceline Visa

I got approved for priceline Visa- No annual fee but credit line is less than $5000.

My all other cards except Target- which does not matter to me- have 5K to 20K credit line.

Is this common? Please share your views

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Low credit line- Less than $5,000 for new approved Priceline Visa

@nishant1 wrote:

I got approved for priceline Visa- No annual fee but credit line is less than %5000.

My all other cards except Target- which does not matter to me- have 5K to 20K credit line.

Is this common? Please share your views

Barclays.   Tend to be low for high credit scores.   When I opened my Rewards, my lowest CL was 12K, they gave me 4.7K.   After 6 months, there was an auto CLI to the dizzying heights of 7.2K    I didn't care as I was only using the card for utility payments (before the Cash Plus), but I guess your Priceline is going to be a major card.  Barclays are said to be good on recon, so try that and see if they can increase.

Message 2 of 8
Kendro
Contributor

I think whenever you open a new line of credit, they don't just take consideration of what your limits are with other companies, but the total limit you have.

For example, if you have an AMEX, Discover, and Visa each with a 10k credit line, it makes sense when you open a MC, they give you 10k right?

Well what if you your income is 50k, and you have 40k worth of credit above.  If you open 5 more cards, do you think companies will continue to give you 10k each for a total of 50k more credit while your income stays the same?

Message 3 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

+!

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 8
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

not true. my total cl is higher than my income and i was just recently approved for a 5k card and when i called to accept terms i asked why was i only i approved for 5k and i was told "because thats the amount you asked for on your app" lol they said i can ask for a cli at any time but its gonna be a HP.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 5 of 8
nishant1
New Contributor

I donot expect Priceline visa to reach 10% utilization in a month because I am not  planning to use for air tickets.

I plan to use for mainly for  Walmart and other supplimental payments like Netflix or similar catergories which do not qualify for 5% on US Cash+ etc.

Will continue to use Capital 1 world master card for Sams club which gives 1.5%- better than Discover

Citi Forward for fast food and movies

Penfed or Freedom when available for gas etc.

Message 6 of 8
toppers555
Established Contributor

Each persons situration ,and creditors policies are different, their will never be a 100% way to find out what a creditor is thinking, best you can do is generalize based on pattern you have seen ,and hope for best . Perfect example is barclay themselves.  I have seen countless ppl on here recon on here for higher credit limits that had to recon to get apporved in first place , and gotten successful increases, with worse credit profiles then myself.   Me personally they auto appoved my nfl card for only 500, when I have 2k cards with 5k+ limits, and 2-3 other in 2k-5k range.  I called for a recon , no go.  Last month I hit luv button for kicks and they closed the account. Nothing has changes on my credit profile except one new card, and less inquries when I was apporved for the card, and utilization is still 5-7%. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 7 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Barclay's was good to me with my Travelocity Amex recon... Went from denial to $6,500 cl with a 672 TU FICO then to $7,700 at the seventh statement!!!
Hoping for $10,000 in another five months!

They still scare me though!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.