Super Contributor

Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express

Does any one have Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express

I think applying for 4 amex cards in 1 week is asking to be financially reviewed and isn't that what made you close your accounts last time?

Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

No. I am applying for any thing more. I am done with the cards. I am curious about this card and see if I can ask them to convert one of my other cards to this since it does not have Annual Fees. I'll ask them after 6-12 months from now. Last time the fight with Amex was about my Optima card converted to Clear and they did CLD that started the fued.

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Costco, Lowes, and Plum are the 3 cards that can not be converted to from any other account, they require new applications.

Message 4 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Costco, Lowes, and Plum are the 3 cards that can not be converted to from any other account, they require new applications.

Interesting.  Why those 3 cards are different?

Can we convert a plum to Lowes? Can we convert a Delta Gold to Clear or Blue?Eventually I want to convert some cards to either more rewards or less AF cards. I do not need Business Platinum and Personal Platinum.

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Interesting.  Why those 3 cards are different?

Can we convert a plum to Lowes? Can we convert a Delta Gold to Clear or Blue?Eventually I want to convert some cards to either more rewards or less AF cards. I do not need Business Platinum and Personal Platinum.

no Plum to anything.

Delta to blue should be an option

Message 6 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

no Plum to anything.

Delta to blue should be an option

Not sure if they let me convert my personal platinum to some thing different in the next 13 months due to the regulations. Do you think I should convert my Business platinum to Business Gold or some thing else? Does not make sense to keep to Platinum cards. Worst case, I'll keep personal platinum for another year and then comver it to some thing else. What do you think?

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

business plat. can be downgraded to gold

personal plat can be downgraded to gold, green, or zync. you don't have to wait any time period.

in the last 6 months i have traded almost every amex card we have... some 2, because the cards available to pc to are different depending what card you currently have.

with the credit cards you just call and say what cards can i product change to and they pull up a screen.

Message 8 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

business plat. can be downgraded to gold

personal plat can be downgraded to gold, green, or zync. you don't have to wait any time period.

in the last 6 months i have traded almost every amex card we have... some 2, because the cards available to pc to are different depending what card you currently have.

with the credit cards you just call and say what cards can i product change to and they pull up a screen.

I called yesterday. CSR said due to regulations, I can not change the personal platinum to any thing for next 13 months due to the new regulations. They probably let me downgrade my business platinum to gold since I had the card for more than a year. I do want to keep one platinum card either business or personal. Not both.  I'll call them tomorrow and see what options they give to me. Or I might just leave every thing the way it is for next few months and try next year. With Amex one can never predict what they say and do.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.