Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Credit Card What a Joke.

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Lowe's Credit Card What a Joke.

Lowes has to be one if the fasting growing cards I ever had , it went from an initial 1200 SL to 35K in no time. 

I also agree just because you have a high income/score doesn't "entitle" you to squat. Stating the card is a joke because you didn't get a high limit off the bat , the credit world doesn't work like that. Most of us here have worked for our credit lines .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 21 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

No one gets any video of me with an ID, ever, the app is henceforth canceled. These banks are getting way out of control and need to be reigned in on a tight leash.

I’m curious of why that is any different than sending them a picture of your ID? *Not being argumentative - just trying to understand why you feel that way*

Maybe it's me being paranoid since I don't know the whole deal with a video vs a photo, but since Citi I believe (from reading a post from somebody who had issues with voice ID) uses voiceprint to verify identity in some cases, a scammer getting your voiceprint might help them try to access an account that way...?

Message 22 of 61
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JNA1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

No one gets any video of me with an ID, ever, the app is henceforth canceled. These banks are getting way out of control and need to be reigned in on a tight leash.

I’m curious of why that is any different than sending them a picture of your ID? *Not being argumentative - just trying to understand why you feel that way*

Non photogenic even though I am a nature photographer.... The only pics ever taken of me are on my DL, thats enough for anyone or the app is terminated.

Message 23 of 61
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Could have been worse. Could have gotten a $150 limit like many people were getting for sync cards last month, even with decent credit.

Message 24 of 61
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Maybe it's me being paranoid since I don't know the whole deal with a video vs a photo, but since Citi I believe (from reading a post from somebody who had issues with voice ID) uses voiceprint to verify identity in some cases, a scammer getting your voiceprint might help them try to access an account that way...?

You typically have to say a specific phrase. When I call Schwab, for example, I have to say, "at Schwab, my voice is my password."  Setting it up requires repeating it over and over when prompted.

While never hearing of video for identity verification, I have seen lenders ask for a photo of a person holding their ID. Instagram also asks for it if you're hacked and can't get in. It's a bit ridiculous, and I would feel awkward doing it, but I can see how they want to make sure something isn't photoshopped since it's so easy to do now.

Message 25 of 61
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Non photogenic even though I am a nature photographer.... The only pics ever taken of me are on my DL, thats enough for anyone or the app is terminated.

That's your choice and that's your right to refuse, but these types of requests aren't strictly based upon hypothetical "what if" senarios. A simple example:

https://www.wbur.org/news/2017/08/02/rmv-identity-theft

This wasn't the first time either that RMV employees got caught with being directly involved with the fradulent issuing of official state IDs to be used for deceptive purposes.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 26 of 61
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

You typically have to say a specific phrase. When I call Schwab, for example, I have to say, "at Schwab, my voice is my password."  Setting it up requires repeating it over and over when prompted.

While never hearing of video for identity verification, I have seen lenders ask for a photo of a person holding their ID. Instagram also asks for it if you're hacked and can't get in. It's a bit ridiculous, and I would feel awkward doing it, but I can see how they want to make sure something isn't photoshopped since it's so easy to do now.

Same situation for my voice id at Navy.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 27 of 61
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I don't digitally send a picture of my ID either.  I may consider taking a photocopy, blacking out my DL# and sending it to them.  Too many possibilities of where that picture could end up.  My issue isn't with the creditor having the information, it's the format and ease of distribution.  When you hand your ID to the clerk to apply, they input the information, the data isn't stored.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 28 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner @recoveringfrombk7 Good to know. I have no accounts that use such verification so I didn't know the details of how it was done.

Message 29 of 61
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner @recoveringfrombk7 Good to know. I have no accounts that use such verification so I didn't know the details of how it was done.

Yeah, I don't see the big deal about sending a video or doing a live chat if I know it's legit, but if I get asked to say a prompt while it's happening, that would be a huge red flag.

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.