Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering of the APR By Barclay

tag
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Lowering of the APR By Barclay

In the beginning, Barclay would not give me the time of day. Come 2016, within nine months, they rolled out three different cards for me: Jet Blue, BarclayCard Rewards and CashForward. It took awhile but I ultimately paid off the CashForward card. Now I am working slowly but surely to pay off the other two cards. I have yet to miss a payment on any of my obligations. I was recently shot down for the Apple card and I accept that-- them's the damned breaks, eh? Would this be an opportune time at which to call in and request a lower APR? With whom should I address this request if I go through with this plan? Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. Thanks for everything, kids.
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowering of the APR By Barclay

I don’t think they offer APR reductions anymore based on what I read on the forums.

Back when I had my Rewards and Advantage card, I could call and request an APR reduction and tack on a request for a sp cli. 😀 Good days......but I don’t think they do it anymore. 

Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 @Anonymous

Dont hear about that anymore. On the plus side, tingley woo wooSmiley Wink i love saying that. You Sir/Maam have just earned top 5 favorite usernames here for me. Lol, scootermcdoodleBUTTSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Thank you for the kudo on "tinglywoowoo"! I'm a Pinky and the Brain fan and I still laugh over Pinky's quip: "Ohh, haha, of that was fun, Brain! Ha ha ha! Narf! Oh, I'm all tingly woo woo!"
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.