Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes 0% On gift cards purchases????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes 0% On gift cards purchases????

I do not currently own a home, but plan on being ready by next summer. I was thinking of getting the Lowes Card since it has a great gift card center to buy a few cards i could genuienly use to show some usage. They have 5% discount on purchases, but that does not include gift cards according to their fine print. They have 0% financing for purchases above $299 for 6 months. I didnt see anything in the fine print about it excluding gift cards. I could be wrong though. Does anyone have any experience with Lowes and gift cards qualifying for 0% financing. That would be awesome if they qualified since with this one card you could technically get some financing with amazon, Best Buy, airlines, etc etc with just one card. Anyone?????????????
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Lowes Credit Card Question

The discounts and extended payment option choices with the Lowe's card are given at the register, not as statement credits; it is extremely unlikely that you would receive discounts on those paying with a Lowe's card.  If you are planning to purchase a home in the next year (or even 2 years), it is generally advisable to not apply for any credit products until you have the keys in your hand.  While you may save some interest on gift cards now, you could end up paying tens of thousands of dollars in additional interest depending on how your credit is at the time of financing your mortgage.

If you are concerned about a strange starting line on the card later on, if it happens just call the overseas Credit Solutions number and ask for a real credit line.  As long as your credit supports it, it's quite easy to get a $17,000 or higher starting line.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well The only thing I stumbled upon was a q&a on WalletHub that says purchases over 299 on gift cards qualify for the 6 months interest free. I’m still looking for more data points, but that would be amazing. Thats 6 months at 0%. Now wondering if it’s over 999 if I would get 12months 0%. I should right????? Don’t see that excluded either.
Message 3 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 8.12.57 PM.png

Just added a $500 gift card to the cart and went to the payment screen.  It does look gift cards would be eligible for the promotional APR, but not the 5% savings (if this were another item, I would get 10% off due to my veteran discount (not stackable with the 5%) and an option to use a 0% promotional offer).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the info and the advise.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.