Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Advantage Is Now Digital!

tag
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Lowes Advantage Is Now Digital!

You can now use your mobile app and show the associate at checkout a barcode and use your card. This is a really good thing to have cause I don't have to think to get it before I go to Lowes. I love how they did this a week after I was at Lowes and forgot my Lowes Card and I had alreday scanned everything at self checkout.20200713_083520.jpg

>
Goal Cards:
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowes Advantage Is Now Digital!

What about contactle.... Oh wait, Lowe's doesn't support that, so there's a barcode that needs to be scanned instead. 

Message 2 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Rudy1 Just an FYI...if you ever forget your card again they can always look it up as long as you have proper ID.  I've done this at Best Buy a few times as well. 

Message 3 of 5
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I just set it up in my app.  Only caveat is you can't use it at self-checkout (maybe they check ID?).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VPExecutive wrote:

What about contactle.... Oh wait, Lowe's doesn't support that, so there's a barcode that needs to be scanned instead. 

Unfortunately, unless there's some sort of rejiggering of interchange fees to help encourage tapping over inserting (and/or it becomes so widely used elsewhere that they can no longer avoid it), I don't see a fair number of the holdouts ever enabling it on their own. Even the term "contactless" is seemingly becoming more synonomous with stuff like curbside pickup/online ordering than tapping a phone/card on a terminal.

In any case, it's a different discussion for a different thread and maybe I'll end up being wrong on that prediction. /shrug

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.