Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes card approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes card approval odds?

How about October? Lol.
I’ll have all of my balances on every card to zero.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple are after the BK.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I’ll be paying balances down soon and should get a score jump from that. I was also considering using CS 360 while I do that. Would that be a good idea?
Message 13 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How about October? Lol.
I’ll have all of my balances on every card to zero.

IMHO, October only if you have taken care of the collections.

Also, do not pay all balances down to $0; you'll lose a few points. Leave a $5-10 balance on one card.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your input! I'll leave one with a balance below 8.9%.

Should I try CS 360 while I am paying down balances? To see if I can get anything removed that way before tackling the collections?

Message 15 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I try CS 360 while I am paying down balances? To see if I can get anything removed that way before tackling the collections?

If you have to pay CS 360 to get collections removed, the answer is no. You can call each collection company involved and ask if they would negotiate a payoff and do a pay for delete (PFD). 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CS360 and other credit "repair" companies are all scammers that charge you money for things you can do yourself. Just take a trip to the Rebuilding section of this forum and ask for help. 

Message 17 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have to pay CS 360 to get collections removed, the answer is no. You can call each collection company involved and ask if they would negotiate a payoff and do a pay for delete (PFD). 

To add, if the referenced entity engages in any sort of "credit repair" aspects, please be aware that such discussions are not permitted on the myFICO forums @Anonymous.

The link to such guidelines is referenced below:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/FICO-FORUMS-CREDIT-REPAIR-DISCUSSION-GUIDELINES/m-p/7261?jump=true

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize. I was just asking because it is free service. It won’t happen again.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd hold off on apping.  My incredibly conservative approach is to never app for a product until utilization is in an ideal place, the with possible lone exception being if someone is sitting on a 0% offer for a period of time.  If one has elevated (non-ideal) utilization on interest-bearing lines of credit, it's a sign of risk and IMO taking on more risk in acquiring another card isn't the financially responsible move to make.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.