Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes, in store on online?

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Lowes, in store on online?

I'm closing on my house tommorrow morning and am going to have to buy a waher, dryer, and fridge.  I have a hookup at Lowes to get me a good deal but want to take advantage of their 18 months 0% to leave as much cash in the bank as possible.  Is it better to apply online or instore for better CL?  Or does it matter at all?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowes, in store on online?

Normally, it is better to apply instore. If the CL you are assigned is not sufficient, call for a RECON. People have been successful in getting a CLI at activation from GEMB

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Normally I would just say online accept for a few place:

Macy's/Bloomingdales - In Store

Home Depot - In Store for same reason as Lowes - instant call for CLI by store rep

Lowes - In store... I missed my window of asking for CLI after approval because I had not read all the threads on it!

CareCredit I would apply at home but then immediately call... messed that one up too when my friend applied for my dog vet bill.... He had the card a couple years before for $10k instant approval and for the dog I knew I only needed about $2500 so just asked for $5k which was instant, I should have had him call and up to the $10k he use to have!Barclay/Apple - I say apply at home so you can then instantly call in and get recon or increased... in store doesn't give the sales person a message to call or for you to call to recon or increase line, it will just say let you know by mail or whatever so you either pay with something else or have walk out with sales person maybe thinking your credit sucks...

Message 3 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Not sure on this one but i did my lowes online and it was fine but i guess if you tell the recon what youre buying they are generally good at accomodating you.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We app'd online. An aside, but go to your usps and snatch some change of add packets or fill out your change of add online and grab up those new movers coupons. There's some great ones for Lowes in there. We used them for our appliances. Pre-congrats on the new house!

Message 5 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We app'd online. An aside, but go to your usps and snatch some change of add packets or fill out your change of add online and grab up those new movers coupons. There's some great ones for Lowes in there. We used them for our appliances. Pre-congrats on the new house!

The asst manager is a friend of mine so she is going to get us a good deal on the appliances.  Thanks for the congrats.  18 hours to closing, not that I am keeping track or anything.

Do you guys think their is really a difference of a clerk calling for recon rather than myself.  Getting turned down for the credit I want in front of friends is not something I would like to do but if the chances of a higher line is really that much better I'd do it.

Message 6 of 10
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I apped for a Lowes card online. Was given instant $500. I called the next business day before I even used the temporary pass, asked for a limit increase. The lady was very nice, went through the motions, and asked me how much I wanted. I asked for $2500 and was it given instantly.

A few days ago, I apped for a Home Depot card and was given an instant $1000. I called in and asked for an increase and it was instantly increased to $5k. The rep from HD did say that the $1000 limit is the standard max for online apps. On the new acct info you print upon approval, just under the credit limit, it states in part, "...If your purchasing needs are beyond your credit limit, please contact us at (phone number).

The only card I have recently been aproved for in person was at mattress store backed by GECRB (Formerly GEMB)

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 7 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Just to follow up I did app online and was given $1500 instant.  Called in and it was increased to $3000 that I asked for, should have asked for more!

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I'm closing on my house tommorrow morning and am going to have to buy a waher, dryer, and fridge.  I have a hookup at Lowes to get me a good deal but want to take advantage of their 18 months 0% to leave as much cash in the bank as possible.  Is it better to apply online or instore for better CL?  Or does it matter at all?

I would say in-store.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Just to follow up I did app online and was given $1500 instant.  Called in and it was increased to $3000 that I asked for, should have asked for more!

Congrats!!! Awesome starting CL!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.