Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes: in-store or online?

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Lowes: in-store or online?

I need to buy a fridge and was wondering, when it comes to Lowes is there any advantage to being store with a fridge selected vs just applying online beforehand?
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lowes: in-store or online?

@breedo wrote:
I need to buy a fridge and was wondering, when it comes to Lowes is there any advantage to being store with a fridge selected vs just applying online beforehand?

We had similar thread just the other day.... I stated since you know the fico forum and have access to the backdoor number above in the sticky for credit solutions I rather apply online, call them and ask for a huge CLI to the approved line and then go in store and go shopping.

If you didn't know about us, the advantage to in store is they can call for you and ask for more if you didn't get approved for enough.

Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Some say in-store because the amount of the purchase will be available. As opposed to getting a smaller limit and having to recon.
Message 3 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

It's always the worry of being declined in-store. I have Amazon and Walmart store cards already, and my TransUnion score has improved since I got those 6 months ago, but who knows. All my balances are currently zero so I think I'll apply in-store, and if I'm denied I'll just pay with my low-interest credit card and get it paid off as quickly as possible.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think GE gives any different limits on Lowes for in store or online and I would always recon a Lowes limit!
Message 5 of 13
movinup1
New Contributor

Hmmm.... I just apped online and was approved.  I had to call and verify my identity.  But then she said it was approved with a $300CL.  Should I backdoor and ask for CLI?  How exactly does one go about that? 

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes yes yes... Just call and say you need more... They will ask how much... You say $5k... They will put you on hold and come back with okay or I can do
Message 7 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I just applied online. Got a message to call in with a reference number. Called in, they verified some info and said congratulations, I am approved for $500.00. Asked him if I could request a CLI to cover the purchase of the fridge, he said he'd transfer me and it cut out. Called GE Credit Solutions, made sure to say I was trying to purchase a fridge right now on their website, asked for $3k and got it!

Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@breedo wrote:

I just applied online. Got a message to call in with a reference number. Called in, they verified some info and said congratulations, I am approved for $500.00. Asked him if I could request a CLI to cover the purchase of the fridge, he said he'd transfer me and it cut out. Called GE Credit Solutions, made sure to say I was trying to purchase a fridge right now on their website, asked for $3k and got it!

Smiley Happy congrats!

Message 9 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

He transferred me now to a customer service rep - I'm just trying to get my account number so I can actually use it. Is there a better way?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.