Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest APR - Thanks AMEX!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowest APR - Thanks AMEX!

Just got my Amex EveryDay card down to 7.49% APR. I guess my Ring will no longer hold the title for my lowest APR card.

They also lowered my Delta Gold to 17.24%.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowest APR - Thanks AMEX!

congrats

Message 2 of 27
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 27
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 27
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

WOW, that's AWESOME, as far as I have seen, that's the lowest they will go!!  Smiley Happy  They have denied me, the best I can get is 9.49%.  They tell me I have had the maximum two decreases in the last twelve months.  Thank you myFICOers!!

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 5 of 27
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

congrats,

my BCE is down to 8.49% they are great because i got it down from 21.99% and it only took 3 months to do it !!!!

Message 6 of 27
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

congrats,

my BCE is down to 8.49% they are great because i got it down from 21.99% and it only took 3 months to do it !!!!

Wow, that's impressive. How often did you ask for an APR deduction? 

Mine was just lowered from 18.24% to 15.24%. I'm wondering how long I should wait before I try to get it a little lower. I don't carry a balance, but that rate still bothers me considering my credit scores are almost 800. I guess that's what I get for having applied for CCs when my scores were still not at their best. Lesson learned. Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 27
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Irisa.  Hey, that is exactly what they did for me today.  They dropped my rate from 18.24% to 15.24%.   I prettied up my accounts a little this month (paid before the statement date for all but 5 or 6 CCs), to boost my score into the 820's.  I have been waiting for the new score to show up on Amex website before requesting an APR reduction.

Personally, I am going to wait a year before trying to get the rate down another 2%.  I am not going to try to get the rate below the best rate for new applicants.  I don't want to stick out when Amex reviews my account.  The main reason I am requesting a lower APR is my spreadsheet.  I made the mistake of adding formatting to turn the interest rate red if I the APR isn't the lowest published rate. With Fed pushing up interest rates for the next couple of years,  I can see myself removing the interest rate columns rather than spend the time to update them every quarter or so.  If this is your first APR reduction, I don't see why you couldn't request another reduction next month.  The wost they will say is no.   I

Amex doesn't necessarily give you the best rates even if your credit score is around 800.  When I applied for my card I think my EX score was around 800 (my TU-08 was 812(?)).   They gave me a rate of 17.99% (now 18.24% according to the rep today, the website still says 17.99%).    I think a good bit of the interest rate they offer you is based on how high they think they can get away with.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

congrats,

What? Can you please give me some tips? PM me if you can't do it on here. TY

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a nice APR for the ED card,,,, congrats

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.