Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest Discover APR you all have?

tag
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowest Discover APR you all have?

This was one of my rebuild cards, and I have never tried to get a permanent reduction so I am at 22.99%.  I don't carry a balance so I have never bothered with trying to get it lowered.  I do regularly get promotional offers, I am 1.90% on everything until 12/24. Is it a HP to get a reduction in APR?  

My lowest across all cards is 10.99% on the NASA FCU.  CFF is my next lowest at around 14.99%.   Everything else I cringe when I see but since I haven't carred a credit card balance in a very long time I don't stress too much. 

Message 21 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

My standard is 12.99% though I'm on a 0% promotional rat ATM. I don't really see the need to have it lowered when i haev acess to 0% BT or Promotional Purchases, if somethign comes up ahead of teim I'll call in and ask for it, if it's totally unexpected I'll just BT the Funds to my Bank account.

Message 22 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sxa001 wrote:

This was one of my rebuild cards, and I have never tried to get a permanent reduction so I am at 22.99%.  I don't carry a balance so I have never bothered with trying to get it lowered.  I do regularly get promotional offers, I am 1.90% on everything until 12/24. Is it a HP to get a reduction in APR?  

My lowest across all cards is 10.99% on the NASA FCU.  CFF is my next lowest at around 14.99%.   Everything else I cringe when I see but since I haven't carred a credit card balance in a very long time I don't stress too much. 

@sxa001 nah every 6 months can ask for a SP apr reduction

Message 23 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at 15.24%.  I haven't paid them a penny of interest in 4+ years of having the card, so the rate is sort of irrelevant to me personally.

Message 24 of 61
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Got a renewed 0% promo on an old account that ran from 8/19 to 8/20. Back to 13.24% now.

If I could carry $30k at 1.99% for 36 months, I'd happily do that and keep other funds invested. But with a $3k CL (joint account means CLI is a PITA) and little spend on the card it's not worth carrying a balance at anything other than 0%.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 25 of 61
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

AU on DW's Disco since 2004. Permanent and Fixed (non-V) APR of 6.99%. Lowest we got on any card/s with BT offers that never seem to go away!

2692F3E9-9EFC-42BB-8D6F-14C212BBC7BD.jpeg

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 26 of 61
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

The DGF is at 11.99 and has been offered another one at the same.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 27 of 61
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Stuck at 16.74

Citi on the other hand keeps dropping the APR on my DC lol. Citi likey me

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 28 of 61
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks to @CreditCuriosity  i decided to check both cards and give it a try. Since i got a redux back in Apr on my Chrome, no offers availble until Nov. Tried on my It card and got 2 offers. 0% apr promo for 12 months on new purchases or a permanent apr redux.  The 0% is nice but i might see one in Nov on Chrome so went for the permanent redux. 16.24 down to 14.24% Smiley Happy. Regardless if one always PIF its nice to see apr loweringSmiley Wink

Message 29 of 61
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Thanks to @CreditCuriosity  i decided to check both cards and give it a try. Since i got a redux back in Apr on my Chrome, no offers availble until Nov. Tried on my It card and got 2 offers. 0% apr promo for 12 months on new purchases or a permanent apr redux.  The 0% is nice but i might see one in Nov on Chrome so went for the permanent redux. 16.24 down to 14.24% Smiley Happy. Regardless if one always PIF its nice to see apr loweringSmiley Wink

Yes, Congrats AJC!

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.