Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv Potion No. 9 aka BIG Luv

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Luv Potion No. 9 aka BIG Luv

One method which has super charged CLI requests with GECRB recently is to call and ask to speak to a U/W instead of requesting via the automated system or a front line csr. Front line csr just plug your information into the automated system. U/Ws actually review credit history (TU report FWIU).

e.g. Amazon store card started at 400, increased at 4-6 months intervals for a couple of years...but then got stuck around 3k for a long while. Denial reason each time: 'this request exceeds the amt allowed...' called and spoke to U/W account rep and got an increase to 8k.  With clean reports, low UTI and current overall profile strong called back with success.

Just like that, they overrode the scripted denial response from the automated system placed a few days earlier. Previous to U/W call, max luv button increase was around 1.5k, which was cool, until the increases dried up and were replaced by robo denials. CL began to stagnate. Next, called for Walmart and that CL was doubled on request. 

The 4 month automated increases were something nice to look forward to, if perhaps not the surest way to get big results, all increases were SP on TU FWICT. YMMV. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Luv Potion No. 9 aka BIG Luv

@score_building wrote:

One method which has super charged CLI requests with GECRB recently is to call and ask to speak to a U/W instead of requesting via the automated system. 

e.g. Amazon store card started at 400, increased at 4-6 months intervals for a couple of years...but then got stuck around 3k for a long while. Denial reason each time: 'this request exceeds the amt allowed...' called and spoke to U/W account rep and got an increase to 8k. After thinking about it a bit more...reports are clean, UTI is low and current overall profile strong-called back and CL was increased to 11k. From 3 to 11k. 

Just like that, they overrode the scripted denial response from the automated system placed a few days earlier. Previous to U/W call, max luv button increase was around 1.5k, which was cool, until the increases dried up and were replaced by robo denials. CL began to stagnate. Next, called for Walmart and that CL was doubled on request. 

The 4 month automated increases were nice and something to look forward to, if perhaps not the surest way to get big results, all increases were SP on TU FWICT. YMMV. 

WOW!! To bad Amazon GE doesn't offer Visa! Im kind of surprised Amazon was allowed to offer Visa through Chase and Store through GE... I would have thought whoever they had first contract with (I assume store) that bank would have put some kind of clause in about no other banks issuing cards...

Super Congrats though! Wish I could go up to $2k! but I understand... few of my GE cards are pretty high right now. (at limit!)

Message 2 of 14
lithium78
Established Contributor

I've gotten zero luv from GECRB since they switched from the online automated system to the new system.  They don't even give me counter-offers.  I guess I'll just use the card for one purchase per month from now on to keep it active and give my business to the other cards, especially since they have better rewards.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I've gotten zero luv from GECRB since they switched from the online automated system to the new system.  They don't even give me counter-offers.  I guess I'll just use the card for one purchase per month from now on to keep it active and give my business to the other cards, especially since they have better rewards.

Message 4 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Great advice.  Didn't even know they has u/w.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 14
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

What's a U/W? Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Underwriter

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm about to do this now (call for a U/W)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm about to do this now (call for a U/W)

Message 9 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Great advice.  Didn't even know they has u/w.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.