Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv from CareCredit!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luv from CareCredit!!!

Just called in and got CareCredit to raise my limit from $2000 to $4200!!! I'm so excited that they actually approved it because that was the full amount I asked for!! This dropped my overall util from 66% to 55% and dropped the util on the card from ~75% to 36%!!! I know its normally a HP but she didn't say anything about pulling credit and just asked for income and how much I needed and came back instantly and said approved so I'm hoping  the computer said yes and it wasn't a HP but even if it was I'm okay with a HP for more than doubling my limit! I had to come and share because no one else would understand my extreme excitement over this!

EDIT: My Citi ID Monitor estimator thinks this will raise my score by ~30 pts! I know its a FAKO but that would still be awesome!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Luv from CareCredit!!!

Congrats they have been good with cli for us as well.
Hit them hard and they will most likely counter.
The fico score increase will be a nice bonus.

GRATS!!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 13
ecballer
Valued Member

Congrats!!!! I called in yesterday and asked for an increase myself.  I went from 800 to 3300....the total amount I asked for....Unfortunately I took a hp even though the rep never mentioned but I am very happy with the increase.

Where it Began:
EQ Fico: 557 10/21/2019
EX Fico: 559 10/21/2019
TU Fico: 580 10/21/2019

Current Scores:
EQ Fico: 592 2/17/2020
EX Fico: 626 02/17/2020
TU Fico: 616 2/17/2020

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecballer wrote:

Congrats!!!! I called in yesterday and asked for an increase myself.  I went from 800 to 3300....the total amount I asked for....Unfortunately I took a hp even though the rep never mentioned but I am very happy with the increase.

It normally is... My Citi CMS normally alerts me same day with inquiries and I haven't heard anything yet so I still have my fingers crossed that I might get lucky. I didn't even think about it earlier but they are now my highest CL too! My starting limit was 500 and I had to call for a CLI same day because we needed 800 to get DH's tooth pulled. Then in January I called in and got a CLI from 800 to 2000 (had asked for 3000) and now up to 4200. I have heard some complain about CareCredit but I think I will be keeping it around for a while!

Message 4 of 13
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecballer wrote:

It normally is... My Citi CMS normally alerts me same day with inquiries and I haven't heard anything yet so I still have my fingers crossed that I might get lucky. I didn't even think about it earlier but they are now my highest CL too! My starting limit was 500 and I had to call for a CLI same day because we needed 800 to get DH's tooth pulled. Then in January I called in and got a CLI from 800 to 2000 (had asked for 3000) and now up to 4200. I have heard some complain about CareCredit but I think I will be keeping it around for a while!

Are you sure it wasn't a hard pull?  Have you checked both EQ and TU?  I am only concerned because my DGF's carecredit is at $3000 and I want to bump it up for a procedure.

Thanks and congrats!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 13
ecballer
Valued Member

Does your Citi monitor TU....they will hp TU for an increase even if they don't state it while asking for a cli.

Where it Began:
EQ Fico: 557 10/21/2019
EX Fico: 559 10/21/2019
TU Fico: 580 10/21/2019

Current Scores:
EQ Fico: 592 2/17/2020
EX Fico: 626 02/17/2020
TU Fico: 616 2/17/2020

Message 6 of 13
flowfaster
Established Contributor

CreditKarma also monitors TU daily and it's free.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not positive about if it was a HP or not. Citi CMS monitors all three and is normally super quick with alerts about inquiries and here in Indiana CareCredit has always pulled my EQ (when opening and for a prior CLI) so CK won't help. But I will update when I find out for sure!

Message 8 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecballer wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't a hard pull?  Have you checked both EQ and TU?  I am only concerned because my DGF's carecredit is at $3000 and I want to bump it up for a procedure.

Thanks and congrats!

It was an instantaneous approval with soft for us from 3k to 5.5k over the automated phone system couple of months ago.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats! Hopefully it was only a SP!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.