Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv from Lowe's

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

Luv from Lowe's

They more than doubled my CL to $5K.  I told them I needed a fridge and did not want them to pull a hard on my CRB.  We'll see - it may be a hard, but I hope not. 

Anyway, I do need a fridge, REALLY, and plan to use a 0% interest for 12 months coupon I got from HD (Lowe's accepts HD coupons and offers).  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Re: Luv from Lowe's

They doubled mine on Thursday as well. Will try back again in 6 months.

Message 2 of 19
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

Lowes (GEMB) has been very generous with me. I opened in June, 08 with a starting CL of 2K. After one year and two CLI's (each at 6 months) it is now at 5K.

pattycake:

I didn't know Lowes accepted HD's offers I will keep that in mind. I haven't seen Lowes offer 12 months no interest, no payments lately. Only 6 months.

Thanks for the heads up!Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 19
pattycake
Established Contributor

@UpNUp wrote:

Lowes (GEMB) has been very generous with me. I opened in June, 08 with a starting CL of 2K. After one year and two CLI's (each at 6 months) it is now at 5K.

pattycake:

I didn't know Lowes accepted HD's offers I will keep that in mind. I haven't seen Lowes offer 12 months no interest, no payments lately. Only 6 months.

Thanks for the heads up!Smiley Wink

Yep - I learned that from a Lowe's associate last year when I was looking for the parts for a pool fence.  They told me they accept competitors' coupons, but you have to bring it in.  

When they approved me for the $5K, I was bummed, I bet I qualified for more.  Oh, well, not that I would ever use that much on the card at once.  I only use it to buy paint on occasion, PIF, then use it for the 0% interest promotions.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 4 of 19
Logical
Regular Contributor

This is interesting. From the past I remember complaints about the low Lowe credit lines.

BTW, last spring when I was buying a dryer at HD I said if they would give me 12 months I'd take a washer too.

The sales man justified it by saying they were matching Sears.

Competition is good!

Message 5 of 19
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

The first year I had mine I was doing alot and buying alot. Averaged over $500 a month. Always pay in full.

Back in January I bought about a thousand in merchandise. Went to check out. They asked me if I wanted 12 months, no payment, no interest. I said why not. Not due till Feb. 2010. I haven't seen those 12 month offers lately.

Paid $100 a month for six months. Call me crazy if you like, then I paid it off. Hate to owe!

Message 6 of 19
Logical
Regular Contributor

@UpNUp wrote:

Paid $100 a month for six months. Call me crazy if you like, then I paid it off. Hate to owe!

Hating to owe is not crazy, that's smart! 

Message 7 of 19
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

@Logical wrote:

@UpNUp wrote:

I had a dream I was one day late....
Message 8 of 19
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

@UpNUp wrote:

@Logical wrote:

@UpNUp wrote:

I had a dream I was one day late....Better to be 6 m0nths early than one day late!

Message 9 of 19
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI OP!  They doubled mine from $1,100 to $2,200 last week.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.