Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luv from Lowe's

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Luv from Lowe's

How long should I wait before asking for a CLI??  I've had it since July. Used it once...$250 router ...pif before statement cut.

If I hit the web LUV button, is that a guaranteed hard inq?  Is the phone call the better way to go??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 19
pattycake
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

How long should I wait before asking for a CLI??  I've had it since July. Used it once...$250 router ...pif before statement cut.

If I hit the web LUV button, is that a guaranteed hard inq?  Is the phone call the better way to go??

I got it in April 2008 and asked for the first CLI in June because I needed to buy a stove. Instead, I paid $990 for a pool fence, so the CL came in handy.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 12 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Gotcha...so you waited a year, pretty much.

btw....love the pumpkin!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 19
pattycake
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Gotcha...so you waited a year, pretty much.

btw....love the pumpkin!!!  Smiley Happy

Sorry, no, I waited only two months. I don't usually do that with CLs, but I really did need to make a big purchase so I was feeling bold. They compete pretty heavily with HD, so they tend to give them if you really want them, at least it seems that way. Then I waited until this year to ask for another.

I'm feeling festive, the reason for my jack-o-lantern!!!
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 14 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I had a friend make me this...it's a larger version of my sig on an old house website I go to every day...

Photobucket

Message 15 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BungalowMo wrote:

I had a friend make me this...it's a larger version of my sig on an old house website I go to every day...

Photobucket

I think this is awesome! And any time I see a classic Craftsman bungalow, I smile. They are still the definition of "home" to me.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks HTSU!!!  When I was looking to buy, this was the first place I saw!  I pulled up with the agent & saw that porch & totally fell in LOVE!  Besides the bathroom, the inside looks like time stopped in 1916!  All of the original woodwork & light fixtures & everything was still intact!  I compared everything else I saw to this...made an offer & in less than a month she was mine!

I even found nearly all the PO's up the hill in the Civil War Era cemetery!  I lovingly refer to them as my "Peeps"!!  Smiley Happy

If you care to peek inside...here's some shots.... Mo's Bungalow!

Been here 2.5 years now & can't imagine ever living any where else!

Message 17 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Beautiful home! And you have glass doorknobs!! I remember those from my grandmother's house before my uncle and mother carped at her about upgrading to something "modern." Smiley Sad

For some reason, just this morning I was flipping through a renovation catalog that came in the mail, and I checked to see if they had push-button light switches, with the mother-of-pearl buttons. Sure enough, they did. I always thought those were incredibly cool. I drove my grandmother crazy when I was little, pushing the lights on and off.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the compliments!!  But I'm sure you can understand what I felt when I walked in here....it did feel like my Grandma's house!  I have loved old houses forever and this place just spoke to me!  Smiley Very Happy

I know that rejuvenation site well!  They have some amazing stuff!  Maybe one day I'll get those light switches.  I wouldn't doubt it if this place had them at one time, but if it did, they're long gone!  Smiley Sad   Don't even get me started on the gorgeous bathroom fixtures!  I'll be restoring mine to what it likely was.  Plan is forsmall hex floor tile, white with a black trim, and 6x2 subway tile on the walls. 

WHAT'S THAT NOISE?????

Oh, that was the sound of my FICO hitting the basement floor!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.