Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxury Card

tag
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Luxury Card

Got an invite in the mail today for the Luxury Card today. MasterCard. Same website as the Black Card (apparently they have a titanium card too). Annual fee is $995! Made w/ 24k gold. I don't ever remember hearing about this card before.
I am not going to apply b/c costs too much and I don't have a use for it. My Chase Sapphire Reserve is much better for my needs but I have to say it boosts my credit ego a bit! I think its pretty cool getting an invite for a card like this.
My credit is where it is today b/c of the myfico community! Thanks guys and gals!
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Luxury Card

Gold is $995

Black is $450?

Titanium is $195?

i could be off a couple of bucks, but that's how they rank

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the mailer, I only see the advertiizing everywhere online Smiley Happy

The card was discussed when it was available in the first iteration, two years ago or so. High fees, not impressive redemption options, and it has a quite negative image here. Those who might have one of the cards are not likely to let others know that Smiley Happy

But we are always interested in data points, so you've been nominated to get the GOLD CARD and let us know what it is like Smiley Happy

The major perk to the GOLD CARD looks like access to the lounge in New York , in the city?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 15
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Perks are: 24/7 concierge, $200 annual airline credit, PriorityPass, luxury gifts, $100 global entry/TSA precheck credit, VIP hotel & travel program (food credits and special rates) and luxury magazine.
This card just doesn't seem worth it to me but whatever floats your boat if some one else likes it's.
I was just excited b/c this is the best card offer I've every gotten unsolicited (I guess you would call it unsolicited).
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 4 of 15
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Oh yeah, also has 2x points for airlines & 2% cashback
Message 5 of 15
digitek
Established Contributor

Haha it sounds like all the extra annual fee is for the card actually being 24k gold Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to return it if you cancel lol.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if the Gold Luxury card is included but I'm pretty sure the annual fee for the Titanium and Black cards are waved if you're active military. That makes these cards a better deal.

Message 8 of 15
sarge12
Senior Contributor

I also recieved an invitation for this card....995 dollar AF....I'll pass. The perks and awards do not even seem too attractive.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 9 of 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Barclays nixed the waiving of the AF for the military.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.