cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M&T BANK VISA WITH REWARDS- approved or not??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

M&T BANK VISA WITH REWARDS- approved or not??

I appd for a visa through my bank(m&t) almost two weeks ago.  I recieved an email shortly after acknowledging my application and it said : if you are approved or if more information is needed, you will be contacted by rep within three days.   Now, i am wondering if I have been approved or not. I have not been contacted by anyone yet, but I have not received a lettter of denial either, which I think I should have gotten by now. I did opt to transfer a balance from one of my subprime cards to this card and wonder if that could be part of the hold up or not. I have never transferred a balance before this so I have no prior experience to go off. Anyone have any experience in this matter or close to it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: M&T BANK VISA WITH REWARDS- approved or not??

Why don't you call and find out?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha, cuz i hate rejection!! I am thinking about it.  I just thought that by now, I would have received the "sorry, your not good enough" letter by now.  lol

Message 3 of 7
FrugalRican
Blogger

I admire the fact that you've waited 2 weeks, but that'd drive the average FICO forumer insane by now. I'd rather face rejection than have regret as to not knowing for so long.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i IS driving me nuts.  OK OK, i will try to call today, (gulp). Maybe later I will be posting good news!! thanks for the encouragment!

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I believe that their apps for CCs, personal loans, biz loans, etc., pretty much end up in the same office. I applied for a personal CC and a biz loan. Their website said the same thing and after a week I said something to our branch manager. He gave me a number to call and M&T claimed to have never received my request. There was no inquiry either. Def. worth a call.

My biz parter has a personal CC with them. His starting CL is $8000 with a solid FICO and length of history. I've been considering it too.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called this morning and... denied.  Too many delinquents. I should have waited until the JEFFERSON CAPITAL thing came off this month. They are really the only big baddie on my report, well TU is reporting it a little differently and I am not sure who M&T pulls from.  Oh well. I will give it a shot in a few months I suppose.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.