Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACY'S Auto Upgrade to AMEX

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

MACY'S Auto Upgrade to AMEX

Came back from a long trip and found the mail as others in this forum mentioned, 'YOU'RE BEING UPGRADED'. Glad that finally my 20K limit will be useful. With no annual fees and 3x in restaurants & 2% in Gas Stations i will take it. The actual upgrade will happen in April and will not get the card in hand before May though.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MACY'S Auto Upgrade to AMEX

How long have you had the card prior to upgrade?

Message 2 of 12
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Have the card since 2014, started with just $300 limit lol

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet. Congratulations! 👍
Message 4 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your upgrade!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 12
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:
Have the card since 2014, started with just $300 limit lol

Congrats! I got it about a year ago and still have only $800. Did you ask for CLIs? I don't want to waste a HP on a card I use once in a blue moon but if I can keep it for long enough so that it becomes the Amex version I wouldn't be opposed

Message 6 of 12
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Yes i did ask for small CLIs over the years and everytime it was an SP for me. The only time i asked a large one from like 6000 to 20000, it was an HP for me. Took the hit and was approved for it. Now they dont want to increase the limit anymore lol, since my shopping with them in last year was less than 20 bucks lol

Message 7 of 12
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Very NICE, congrats!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 8 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Was hoping to see one of those upgrade letters myself--but haven't yet. My card is 5.5 years old. I'm guessing my $56K exposure with Citi across 4 cards (2 bank & 2 retail) might keep an upgrade from happening. BTW Congrats OP!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 12
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Was hoping to see one of those upgrade letters myself--but haven't yet. My card is 5.5 years old. I'm guessing my $56K exposure with Citi across 4 cards (2 bank & 2 retail) might keep an upgrade from happening. BTW Congrats OP!

Yes Citi is weird. Few months back they closed all my cards with them including store cards due to too many applications and new accounts thinking i am a threat to them SMH

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.