Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACYS/BLOOMINGDALES IS CRAZY!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MACYS/BLOOMINGDALES IS CRAZY!!!!

I have both MACYS AND BLOOMINGDALES account, I had a CL of $1200 on Macys which they lowered to $130 I called and they reversed the CLD partially anyway raised my CL back up to $600 they pulled a hard inquiry on Experian to do so,now 3 weeks later they lowered my credit line back down to $130 again even thought I have never been late always paid more than minimum payment and they blame it on a change in my credit report which is a lie i pulled my credit reports just today and they had not pulled my credit reports since they first reversed the decison 3 weeks ago no hard no soft and they refuse to reverse cld decision this time. Same thing with Bloomingdales had a $1000 Cl they raised it up to $1500 on their own without me asking and then a month later they CLD me to $120 CL  isnt that stupid?? I called and they reversed the decison partially raised my CL back up to $800 then 3 weeks later CLD me again down to $100, they refuse to reverse decision this time again blaming it on my Credit reports again they have not pulled my credit hard or soft since they reversed decison first time never been late on payment with them,pay more than minimum. Macys and Bloomingdales are crazy!!!!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: MACYS/BLOOMINGDALES IS CRAZY!!!!

What bank backs these cards???  I'd be sending a letter to their CEO as well as the Head of Macys & Bloom's too!!  Smiley Mad  That's a bunch of bull!  Especially after the hard hit you took a few weeks ago.

If they give you the "too bad, so sad" story....I'd PIF & tell them to take a hike!  You can spend your money anywhere.

What does your overall credit look like?  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DEPARTMENT STORES NATIONAL BANK/DSNB    which is  really CITI , is the bank that backs Macys and Bloomingdales accounts
Message 3 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

has your UTI on these cards or overall changed?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Do you have ANY cards that are maxed or close to being maxed? What is your utilization percentage? Have you applied for new credit recently?

They must have seen something the first time around that they didn't like.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, same happened to me with my Bloomingdales store card. Went from $2k+ to $300 if I recall (thread detailing it around here somewhere). It wasn't the report and managed to get 2 CLIs talking to 2 or 3 different people over the course of 30 minutes after finding out about the CLD. Didn't get it all the way back, but was close. I had $0 balance at the time, record low util, no baddies, and no appearant reason for the CLD. One CSR admitted they did it to "thousands" of people citing the reason due to neg. changes on EX. Generic excuse, IMO.

BTW, about 3 months after the CLD, I asked for a CLI and got it without issue bringing my CL back to near where it was before.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.