Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACYS CLI!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MACYS CLI!!

Just called macys and got a cli from $600 to $800.  Yeah for me!!  Had the card about 5 months.  This is the first time i have called for cli.  Currently owe 185 on card will pay this next week. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: MACYS CLI!!

call in 3 months and 1 day from today and ask for another!
Message 2 of 18
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Congrats - generally, Macys is good for a cli every 3 months. They like it when you use their card and pif.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 18
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Congrates!!!!!!!!!   I just received a CLI on my Old Navy card, not much but it feels good that as we demonstrate positive habits we are entrusted with higher CL's. Way to go and keep up the good work.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 4 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

Very nice and congrats to you all.

It is a snowball effect, $200 now, $400 next , $1000 afterwards.

You are on your way

Message 5 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

congrats on the GLI!  macy's has been pretty forgiving (up to a point of course) even if you have rather long stretches with minimal or no purchases, so don't overshop in order to get an increase which is likely to come anyway Smiley Happy  if you call in for an increase going forward you can ask what guide line increase = GLI you are eligible for.  otherwise, if you ask for an amount higher than that it can be a hard inq.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

And God knows, we all love a snowball!

Mark your calendar and call every three months!!!!! 

Message 7 of 18
kay82
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called macys and got a cli from $600 to $800.  Yeah for me!!  Had the card about 5 months.  This is the first time i have called for cli.  Currently owe 185 on card will pay this next week. 

Congrats!!!  What was your initial CL and is this your 1st or 2nd GLI?

12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats, im waiting for mine to turn 3 months so i can ask!  I dont actually shop there alot, but i pick things up from them for birthdays etc usually.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG! I have gone from $300 to $600, I am coming on my next 3rd month, Im going to be calling them soon! Did they give you a hard time about it? or Was it an easy approve?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.