Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACYS VISA JUST LOWER MY CREDIT LIMIT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MACYS VISA JUST LOWER MY CREDIT LIMIT

Hi,

I looking for some advice to why Macy's visa lower my credit limit from 15.000 to 3.500 just about how much I owe them my credit scores TU 709 EX 705 and EQU 698 1 late payments in over 4 years.

They say is an outside credit report I just check my report 1 Collection from Comcast because dint return the Box on time.

I will appreciated any suggestions

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MACYS VISA JUST LOWER MY CREDIT LIMIT

yea....they did the same thing to me twice, and told me the something, it was something going on with my credit: so i stop using my card

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That will do it....everytime.Smiley Sad I'm sorry to hear about the decrease but you'll get it back in time. If they see any changes they go crazy with decreases thinking the worlds ending.
Message 3 of 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I looking for some advice to why Macy's visa lower my credit limit from 15.000 to 3.500 just about how much I owe them my credit scores TU 709 EX 705 and EQU 698 1 late payments in over 4 years.

They say is an outside credit report I just check my report 1 Collection from Comcast because dint return the Box on time.

Thanks

Hi Frank,

We've seen this happen to many credit card holders lately...and not just from Macy's. Credit granting has gotten much tighter. It doesn't take much of a negative on one of your credit reports to make another of your creditors nervous.

You list all 3 of your scores here...can I ask where you got them? Are these true FICO scores, or are they scores of a different type (called FAKOs here)? I ask because you list your EX score, yet consumers can no longer buy their EX FICO scores.

Your collection account could have made them nervous. Be vigilant...an adverse action from one creditor could bring on others.

Have you called them about this? If a few cases we've seen creditors restore credit limits...but many won't.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynetteM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Frank,

We've seen this happen to many credit card holders lately...and not just from Macy's. Credit granting has gotten much tighter. It doesn't take much of a negative on one of your credit reports to make another of your creditors nervous.

You list all 3 of your scores here...can I ask where you got them? Are these true FICO scores, or are they scores of a different type (called FAKOs here)? I ask because you list your EX score, yet consumers can no longer buy their EX FICO scores.

Your collection account could have made them nervous. Be vigilant...an adverse action from one creditor could bring on others.

Have you called them about this? If a few cases we've seen creditors restore credit limits...but many won't.

+1

Message 5 of 9
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Chase or Amex would close your account.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lynette,

BOFA offer a service call Privacy Assist the 3 credit scores where available.

I call Macys they say they will review the account in 3 to 6 months.

Thank you  

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi W,

Chase just give me another credit card with $8.500 credit this is the second one with Chase.

Not wine today but tomorrow and Thursday will be plenty of Merlot celebrating turkey day LOL

Thank you 

Message 8 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Lynette,

BOFA offer a service call Privacy Assist the 3 credit scores where available.

I call Macys they say they will review the account in 3 to 6 months.

Thank you  

FYI - The scores provided by that service are not FICO scores.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.