Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGM Resorts Mlife card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MGM Resorts Mlife card

I go to Vegas often and I stay at MGM Resorts, so I was considering about getting their new card. Has anybody here got it already? If so, what do you have to say about it? Also, how easy is it to get approved?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MGM Resorts Mlife card

A few people on the forum have this card.  It is an  FNBO card so probably not the easiest card to get, but if you have a decent Experian report being probably 700+ scores you should be good although i could of sworn I saw someone with 650 getting approved.  Although alot more than scores go into approvals.  W/regards to rewards I am not to sure about those.  Others that have the card can speak more about those.   Hopefully someone else rings in whom has the card

Message 2 of 15
Samac
Regular Contributor

Just don't have a lot of Inq. I was rejected for too many inquiries when the card came out. They pulled experian and I had 8. Only rejection reason on the letter.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I just got approved for Quicksilver One so I only have one inquiry. I might wait until the beginning of October so my credit gets reported again, I had an Experian 703 at the beginning of this month, with high utilization on my Wells Fargo credit card (80%!!), I lowered that to 10% so my score should go way up. Summer was rough so I couldn't lower the utilzation, I was never late on any of my payments and I always paid more than the minium, hence I didn't take a such big hit and managed to stay above 700.

If you have read my other thread you'll notice I am also looking for a travel rewards card (like Chase Sapphire), the thing is that for my new job I will be traveling a lot, and I get reimbursed for travel expenses (or I could ask the manager to book a hotel and flight for me). What I want to do is use a card like CSP for business travel expenses, for which I get reimbursed, so the points and rewards I get are a plus, without actually spending any money in the end! For all my other personal expenses I plan to use the Mlife card, so by the end of the year I would have something like a free ticket with CSP or Discover Miles and a couple of free nights at an MGM Resort.

I wish there was a way to tell Chase: "hey, I'm only using your card for expenses that will be reimbursed by my employer, so there's no risk, approve me!" hahaha. But no, so I'm waiting until October, and also trying a Discover It Miles.

Message 4 of 15
acciofirebolt
Contributor

I applied for the card back in late July and was denied for having too many inquries. They pulled EX for me in CA and at the time I had 5 inquaries in the past 6 months and 7 in the past 12.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How's their credit limit? Are they generous?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized the Hyatt Chase CC also entitles you to free nights at MGM Resorts. What's your opinion on the Hyatt CC?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just realized the Hyatt Chase CC also entitles you to free nights at MGM Resorts. What's your opinion on the Hyatt CC?

The Hyatt card is a much better deal, IMO. The sign up bonus is awesome (2 free nights at any Hyatt in the world) and their points can be used at any MGM for free nights. Also you will be an automatic Gold member with MGM. I used my Hyatt points for my honeymoon and got a free stay at the Delano. I recommend Hyatt.

Message 8 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Hyatt card is a much better deal, IMO. The sign up bonus is awesome (2 free nights at any Hyatt in the world) and their points can be used at any MGM for free nights. Also you will be an automatic Gold member with MGM. I used my Hyatt points for my honeymoon and got a free stay at the Delano. I recommend Hyatt.

Agree Hyatt is a better card.  Used my for Aria and got bumped up when I arrived to top floor and strip view.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thank you! There's a post over at Tripadvisor Las Vegas Forum: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k9879606-o20-Mlife_Mastercard_vs_Hyatt_Credit_Card-... and we were discussing the same thing. Hyatt's CC beats Mlife's, even at their own MGM Resorts! The two free nights can even be used for category 7 like Park Hyatt in NYC! Mlife's card only gives you Pearl whereas Hyatt gives you Gold. Also, like you mentioned, Hyatt's card will let you upgrade to a better room if there's availability. Hyatt just beats Mlife all around, plus Mlife is good only for Vegas...

The question now is, can I get approved for both a Chase Sapphire and a Chase Hyatt? Or maybe, since Hyatt will give me hotel nights, I should choose an Airline CC instead of Chase Sapphire! I know an airline branded card will give me better benefits with that airline rather that a CSP.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.