Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR Points to ANA (Family Award Rules)

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

MR Points to ANA (Family Award Rules)

I am going to be using points to fly business or first class for my honeymoon. I am looking to transfer MR points to ANA as it’s the most reasonable point cost to MNL.

I registered for an ANA account and started a family tree. I added my fiancée as my spouse. It looks like everything went through.

I haven’t seen a lot of information about when exactly ANA would request proof if they will even do so.

During the time the tickets are booked we won’t be married yet, but come time to fly we will be.

I haven’t transferred any points but I don’t want to risk 300K in points either.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: MR Points to ANA (Family Award Rules)

From my understanding as long as you register your fiancee/spouse as a "family member" you shouldn't have any issues. That's what I did for my GF and everything cleared so should be set when we go to Japan in late March. Alternatively, if you're concerned about that you could always make an ANA account for your fiancee and transfer the necessary points needed to make a booking that way you don't have to worry about any shenanigans and you're both set.

Message 2 of 4
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I thought about transferring the points into her account since she is an AU on my card but I was under the impression that award availablity was risky to book like that, being that there might only be one ticket available but it not displaying as such during the search. Once you book one of them and then go to book the other and a second ticket isn’t available and you’re already locked in for the first ticket

So once I register it and she shows up in the family tree I’m all set ? We will have a copy of the marriage license when we go to fly. It’s pre-checkin verification I’m worried about.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I thought about transferring the points into her account since she is an AU on my card but I was under the impression that award availablity was risky to book like that, being that there might only be one ticket available but it not displaying as such during the search. Once you book one of them and then go to book the other and a second ticket isn’t available and you’re already locked in for the first ticket

So once I register it and she shows up in the family tree I’m all set ? We will have a copy of the marriage license when we go to fly. It’s pre-checkin verification I’m worried about.

Based on what I read on Flyertalk you should be fine. I'll PM you the link so you can go through the thread.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.