Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR->SkyMiles with mismatched names

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

MR->SkyMiles with mismatched names

I use my middle name in my daily life. My Amex cards have first initial, middle initial, last name. When I signed up for Delta SkyMiles, I had to use my first and last name, as it appears on my passport.

When transferring MR points to SkyMiles, you are warned that the name on the card must match the name on the SkyMiles account. They match in the sense that the first initial is correct for the first name, but they do not match in the sense that one has my first name written out and the other only has an initial.

Would I be ok making this transfer, or should I ask Delta and/or Amex first? I don't want the points to vanish into limbo. Thanks!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MR->SkyMiles with mismatched names

You will have to link accounts first, if linking is successful, there should be no problem with moving points.
Message 2 of 3
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: MR->SkyMiles with mismatched names

I linked accounts, and that appeared successful - I transferred points and paid the excise tax - now waiting for the SkyMiles to appear in my Delta account.

Edited to add: I now see them showing as "posted" under Account Activity on Delta but not as available miles yet.

Edited again to add: They show up now as available! Took two or three hours start to finish.

Thanks again!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.