Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY LAST WANT BEFORE

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: MY LAST WANT BEFORE

The thing is everytime I apply the TU fico is different than on Myfico.. When they pull my score, it was 495 when it was 610 here!!

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 11 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 20
hayabusa

@09Lexie wrote:
That might be their internal score.

^ this

Message 13 of 20
scarzy
Regular Contributor

OP, I'm on the same boat like you, I want a Walmart card because I shop there, and free TU score. I was denied 4 times!

Now, before someone says, wait until bk gets old, I read somewhere that some people are getting the card 6 months after bk7!!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 14 of 20
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Walmart uses their own scoring, based on TU, different range. I recently applied, and on my SmartCredit alert, they called it an enhanced inquiry. So, you can only compare your score from Walmart to another score from Walmart.
Message 15 of 20
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

I just might give it to May-June before I apply. I really want the damn card but if there gonna be a big pain in the a I may just take my business else where!

Message 16 of 20
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

@scarazy that is why I started to apply for the card!!! because so many people were being approved with a BK

Message 17 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

If you are going to the garden for 2 years, you should apply now.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 18 of 20
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

@scarazy that is why I started to apply for the card!!! because so many people were being approved with a BK

I am going to wait until my accounts hit six months, then I'm going to reapply. My sticking point is I had the card during my bk7, and they closed it because of it even though they weren't including in bk7. Had one year of good payment history with them. smh

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 19 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I just want to clarify what is being discussed here. There is a difference possibly between the score Walmart uses to evaluate applications and the score that they provide to Walmart card account holders as a perk of card ownership. The FICO score that Walmart furnishes to account holders who opt for paperless billing is a legit fico score TU08. As for the score that they use to evaluate credit card applicants, I can't speak to that because my application was approved and generally credit card companies provide less guidance in regard to their credit scoring models to people who they approve for their cards then to people they deny. For people who are new to internet credit forums, most people who have been here a while are familiar with a competing site's "creditpulls" data base which illustrates fico score levels for various credit cards and which contains several data points for the Walmart card and evidence that people with fico scores in the 500 point range have been approved for this card. 

I was personally convinced by someone on this site to apply and as stated before to my best knowledge my TU08 score at that time was 519 or 520. However my EQ fico score during that time was 625 but Walmart pulled my TU report to evaluate me. I don't have a bk but I did have a public record in the form of a federal lien at that point. sometimes being accepted for a credit card is like being accepted for a job in that the criteria for acceptance can be oblique and can seemingly vary from day to day. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.