Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

I was just upgraded to the AMEX without a hard pull this week. I went online on Tuesday and sent a secure message regarding upgrade to Maxcy's AMEX (following directions on website in FAQ's). I got asecure message back about an hour later to call in. I called, and they said it would not be a hard pull, and they would "put the request in." The CSR said they don't give the decision over the phone, and I would either get the new card or a letter in the mail in the next 7-10 days. I checked today, and online, it says Macy's American Express Account. I called the automated account services tonight, limit is 10k! My Macy's stor card limit was 1k, Club account limit (Used once to buy a ring) is $1800. Accounts have been open since 2009. I checked my reports, no hard pulls have shown up on any bureau for this upgrade.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

Awesome!! 

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 45
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 45
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

What's your aaoa on EX since they pull EX when upgrading? Thats awesome that they did that with out a HP! So it took them 4 days to upgrade!?! Thats great! 

EDIT: Also what card did you have Red, Gold, Platinum, or Elite?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 45
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome upgrade! Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 45
myjourney
Super Contributor

Bravo and congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 45
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I was shocked at the limit! I do use the store card for 300-400 every 2-3 months. Was really just trying to get CLI's on store accounts that I use most often, W/O a HP - been apping too much lately! Was surprised that CSR knew what she was talking about when she said no HP. According to their FAQ's online:

We offer 2 levels of Macy's American Express® cards. These cards are offered only to cardholders who have met the basic spending guidelines on their Macy's store credit card account and meet our Macy’s American Express card credit criteria.

The basic spending guidelines for the Macy's store credit card account:

• Macy's American Express card- Macy's store annual spending of $0-$999
  • Macy's Preferred American Express card- Macy's store annual spending of $1,000 or more

To have your account reviewed for an upgrade to Macy's American Express, please contact Credit Services.

They keep your store card open when they give you the amex, so now I still have store account, and club account along with AMEX with a separate limit. Only downside is AMEX will report as a newly opened card, kind of like how GE does when they give you a upgrade of Walmart store card. The new account doesn't bother me, as I have no upcoming major purchases on the horizon.

Boy, the things you can get into while reading this forum. Smiley Surprised

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Message 7 of 45
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

What's your aaoa on EX since they pull EX when upgrading? Thats awesome that they did that with out a HP! So it took them 4 days to upgrade!?! Thats great! 

EDIT: Also what card did you have Red, Gold, Platinum, or Elite?

I had the Red store card, but I probably should have qualified for Gold after most recent spending on account. My scores are in my Signature, AAoA on EX is 5.2 years. Oldest account 19 yrs old.

Message 8 of 45
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thanks, well again congrats, and keep us posted when your card arrives to see which level they provided you with. Enjoy!

P.S. your credit is excellent!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thanks, well again congrats, and keep us posted when your card arrives to see which level they provided you with. Enjoy!

P.S. your credit is excellent!!

The Macy's AMEX version only comes in two flavors - White (spend < $999 annually) or Black/Preferred (spend >$1000 annually).  If the store card was in Red, Gold or Platinum, then the AMEX version will be White.  Likewise, if it was the Black (Preferred) version, then the AMEX should arrive in the same color.

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.