Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

@empty pockets

I just got an upgrade myself. I called the CSR and it seems that I now have the regualr store card and an AMEX.

BUT, when i log on, I only see the AMEX and not the store card.

The CSR said my store card limit was $11K and my AMEX was $0

Did you experience that?

Have you gotten your AMEX card yet?

Here is what I see:

macys amex.jpg

Message 31 of 45
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

My new card showed up today. Had to link it to my online account, which (interestingly enough) now shows 2 pics of the white amex, one listed as a store account and one listed as AMEX. The AMEX shows with 2 lines - apparently purchases in Macy's have a different due date and statement than those made outside of Macy's.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 32 of 45
ernieadiaz

Has anyone else gotten this to work? I sent a secure message and was told to call in and when I did they said it would be a HP. Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 45
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

hmm tempting. (for january dont worry garden club)

is the year spend go calender year?  i know last year ive spent over 1k. 

also if you spend 1k the first year can you get the black? and if you dont they send you a white one? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 34 of 45
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

so I was contemplating closing my Macy's AMEX card just because of all the horror stories I've heard, and the low limits they give

and I now see that they lowered by AMEX credit limit from 5000 to $500

let me just give them the ax and that'll raise my average age of accounts slightly higher

Message 35 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

hmm tempting. (for january dont worry garden club)

is the year spend go calender year?  i know last year ive spent over 1k. 

also if you spend 1k the first year can you get the black? and if you dont they send you a white one? 

Minimum (Macy's) spend to qualify for the Preferred (black) level is $1K - less returns and excludes purchases made outside of Macy's if you have the AMEX version.  Thereafter, per calendar year (Jan1-Dec31), minimum annual spend of $1K to maintain the Prefered level.

Message 36 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gen-specific wrote:

so I was contemplating closing my Macy's AMEX card just because of all the horror stories I've heard, and the low limits they give

let me just give them the ax and that'll raise my average age of accounts slightly higher

Sorry to hear about the CLD... wonder why they axed the CL on your AMEX.  Do you use it frequently or has anything changed recently on your CR profile?

Message 37 of 45
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ernieadiaz wrote:

Has anyone else gotten this to work? I sent a secure message and was told to call in and when I did they said it would be a HP. Smiley Sad

Yes

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 38 of 45
score_building
Senior Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

Won't really make a difference, since the TL remains on cbr up to 10 years after closure.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 39 of 45
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

I don't use it frequently, and I have a real AMEX card with a 30k limit

so fake Macy's AMEX risk department probably got spooked by how much credit I have, and how little they like to extend for any duration.

Macy's card is not worth the time. And seriously, what is a 20% discount on some clothes at Macy's prices when you have 30k limits. 

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.