Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

Well then, in that case...lol

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 41 of 45
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations.  This is great news for me as well since I was debating the Macy's Amex.  When I spoke to their credit office in July they said it would be a hard pull for the Amex, but from what I have been reading about Macy's they claim hard pulls but don't do them all the time.  I just got a CLI on my store account in July so I said I would wait a few months because I didn't want another hard pull on my CR.  I think I will bite the bullet and apply for the Amex in October. 

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 42 of 45
tld409
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous pockets

I just got an upgrade myself. I called the CSR and it seems that I now have the regular store card and an AMEX.

BUT, when I log on, I only see the AMEX and not the store card.

The CSR said my store card limit was $11K and my AMEX was $0

Did you experience that?

Have you gotten your AMEX card yet?

Here is what I see:

macys amex.jpg

I called Macy's on 11/29 to request a cli.

After the rep. Verified my information, she asked me if I had the Amex and I said no.

She then asked about salary etc. and what I wanted to be increased to and I said $7,500 and bam, approved (soft pull). Smiley Happy

I started wondering about the Amex card and searched this site and saw that requests for upgrades did not result in hard pulls recently.

So I decided to pull the trigger and called Macy's back and requested an upgrade.

I also asked about how the upgrade works and the rep. explained that my information would be sent over to the department that handles the amex upgrades for review and that I would receive a letter and amex card within the next billing cycle.

She also indicated that I would be able to find out the status of the approval by logging into my account within 7 days.

Well today, I log into my account and see the same information above that CS800 did.  

My only question now is,  how does this effect my status in the garden?

Do I go back to seeding even though Macy's does not replace the store card with the amex and a hard pull was not done?

I was also told by the rep. that the amex card is linked to the store card and that you can not have the amex version with out having a store card- that really does not make sense to me. 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 43 of 45
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The Macy's Amex will be a new TL and thus you've reset your Garden .

Congrats on the upgrade.
Message 44 of 45
tld409
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I was afraid of that.
Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.