Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Account Website - Is it me OR...

tag
sybo40
Regular Contributor

Macy's Account Website - Is it me OR...

...is Macy's website having troubles?  I logged in today to check the balance on my red card and noticed that it had been switched to an AMEX.  I logged out and logged back in again to see if the numbers had changed at all and they hadn't; but the AMEX was still listed.  The BALANCE, however, was CLEARLY not mine (I only had a $300 limit, $54 of which I allowed to report).  I was headed to pay it and then it changed...from AMEX to a macy's platinum.   I've only had the card for a month.  The blance had also changed to $1654.00.  LOL So, I thought I should log out and log back in again.  When I did, it reverted back to the AMEX with a zero balance.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's Account Website - Is it me OR...

I haven't checked Macy's website....but I use Mint and my Macy's account is linked to it and the balance is completely wrong. I know for sure as I just paid it on Monday and now the balance is over the limit but yet no additional charges are showing.

ETA: Just logged into Macy's and they have the balance as significantly less than what it should be. They must be having technical issues!

Message 2 of 6
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Mine's correct.  I just wish (and have complained) that they would update payments.  They always show the correct current balance but never show that you've made your monthly payment (when there's a balance) so I always get freaked out when it shows my payment is still due for the month.  I also cannot find my credit line.  The only way to find out is to call.  Painful website.  Smiley Sad

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 3 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Mine's correct.  I just wish (and have complained) that they would update payments.  They always show the correct current balance but never show that you've made your monthly payment (when there's a balance) so I always get freaked out when it shows my payment is still due for the month.  I also cannot find my credit line.  The only way to find out is to call.  Painful website.  Smiley Sad

+1. I remember the first couple of times i logged in when i first got the card i made mutliple payments because i thought i had not made a payment yet cuz it wouldnt update and show a payment still due. The only way you find your credit line is when you view your statement. It does not update available credit unless you call the automated service. It is a painful webiste.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 6
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Mine is flaky too, but the balance is correct.

Message 5 of 6
sybo40
Regular Contributor

It appears to have been fixed.  DANG!  REALLY wanted to believe that they had done an auto upgrade...the picture of the AMEX sitting in my account almost had me soaring and would have made for a great surprise! 

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.