Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AmEx Now Reporting to TransUnion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's AmEx Now Reporting to TransUnion

For years people have reported that Macy's AmEx was not reporting to TU and I have experienced the same thing.  Lst week, though I pulled my TU and saw where Macy's AmEx recently started reporting as of April.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's AmEx Now Reporting to TransUnion

I just pulled my TU report today and it's not reporting -- was really hoping it'd be there.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

I just pulled my TU report today and it's not reporting -- was really hoping it'd be there.

Macy's has always been strange.  Gotta wonder about their collective IQ.

For over two years my Macy's AmEx has never reported on TU and then just  a month ago all of a sudden it starts.  Strange.

And when it magically appeared, there was no new account notification on my TU credit monitoring.  Stranger.

And it is the only account on TU that does not report any data for the 2-year payment history.  Strangest.

Message 3 of 7
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

That's weird. I called them last year with respect to some issue with the way something was reporting and my call got passed off to a supervisor, and then to someone responsible for credit reporting. Basically, he told me that they decided not to have a relationship with TU for the CC.

Oh well, what are you going to do.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

That's weird. I called them last year with respect to some issue with the way something was reporting and my call got passed off to a supervisor, and then to someone responsible for credit reporting. Basically, he told me that they decided not to have a relationship with TU for the CC.

Oh well, what are you going to do.

It seems the folks running Macy's credit card department are all clowns.

I'm tempted to call and ask why it is all of a sudden reporting on TU, but then the clowns would probably have it deleted.

Message 5 of 7
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

They probably made a mistake and included the Amex trade line in their update for Transunion.

For DW, she had a Macy's card that she opened in 2004 and closed in 2005 when she was in college. The card reports closed, but there's no closed date and it updates every month. Every indication is that the CRAs treat the account as it was closed each month that Macy's updates -- meaning the 10 year reporting window moves forward a month.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

They probably made a mistake and included the Amex trade line in their update for Transunion.

For DW, she had a Macy's card that she opened in 2004 and closed in 2005 when she was in college. The card reports closed, but there's no closed date and it updates every month. Every indication is that the CRAs treat the account as it was closed each month that Macy's updates -- meaning the 10 year reporting window moves forward a month.

Yup, people in Macy's credit department are clowns!

It seems like almost every month they **bleep** up reporting.  One month they listed my high balance as the credit limit.  Imagine a $72 credit limit.

To this date they report my birthday to the credit bureaus as January 1, 0000.  TU and EX can handle that, but it freaks out EQ.

For several months I had a 112-year-old credit history because they reported the date my account opened as April 13, 1900.

For two months they reported my AmEx as a personal loan.

You never know what they will do next.  Turning over their credit reporting functions to a troop of monkeys would be an improvement. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.