cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex and New Cards WITHOUT AMEX!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Amex and New Cards WITHOUT AMEX!!

Macys is very funny about the extra credit line with the Amex/Visa logo, My store account account had a limit of 25K but only 2K on the VISA, only thing I could ever figure was the store card they can control better if you try to exceed the limit since it was only good in-house. Were as the VISA/Amex could be used anywhere without as much control. They will give generous credit lines for use on the store cards. The only bad part is the number of times they list on your credit report, the store, visa/amex, furniture accounts are all listed separately so it looks like a lot of trade lines but only one account. 

Message 11 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I don't really like Macy's store cards. My credit limit is literally $100 which is funny because when I was first issued the card over a year ago, they weren't reporting credit limits to consumers. You were forced to call the hotline to inquire about how much money you are allowed to charge in store. I have two other credit cards with higher limits than that one!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I don't really like Macy's store cards. My credit limit is literally $100 which is funny because when I was first issued the card over a year ago, they weren't reporting credit limits to consumers. You were forced to call the hotline to inquire about how much money you are allowed to charge in store. I have two other credit cards with higher limits than that one!

Call 800-627-2909  Take you right into credit department.  They sometimes say HP, I have NEVER got a HP when it comes to GLI or CLI... They are usually SUPER about giving more credit, Im surprised you have $100.

WOW $25k! I thought my $10,700 was large... Wonder what payment is! and can you imagine 24.5% on $25k a month!!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.