Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex now with Amex offers

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's Amex now with Amex offers

Thanks for sharing @AverageJoesCredit. Now only if they'd do something like that for Dillard's Amex I'd maybe use the card a little.
Message 11 of 26
AlpedHuez
Contributor

There is also this site to add Amex offers to 3rd party branded cards (like WF Propel, etc.): https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html#All. You can try if your 3rd party Amex card works here.

Note: Most of the time these offers are usually the less popular ones, the better Amex offers are usually only available to Amex Centurion Bank issued cards.

Message 12 of 26
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

AverageJoesCredit,

It's ironic that I just paid my Macy's Amex online before jumping on the forum. I do have to say that there are some really solid offers on there now. Unfortunately I don't get to travel as much as I like, I'm going to pass on most of them. I'm glad to see Macy's start pushing some deals on that card.

Well I guess I'll just have to watch the waves roll in!

Guyatthebeach

Message 13 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Loquat wrote:
Thanks for sharing @AverageJoesCredit. Now only if they'd do something like that for Dillard's Amex I'd maybe use the card a little.

They actually do from time to time, at least IME with the Dillard's Elite AmEx 😁.  I've seen the benefits feature with [WF] Propel World and it used to be available in the former [Barclays] Travelocity AmEx plus other non-AENB issued cards.  The [FNBO] Travelite has it and even the Credit One AmEx, IIRC.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/dillards/dillards.html

Message 14 of 26
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Macy's AMEX - "Introducing Amex Offers"

Got a snail mail flyer from Macy's today.  I would assume this is available to all Macy's AMEX cardholders and not a targeted offer. 

New Arrival! - Amex Offers are here

Explore next-level rewards with the Macy's American Express Card  

and inside:

So, this is a big deal

Introducing Amex Offers....

Get started at macys.com/amexoffers

Log in (note: emphasis theirs) to view available offers (Your Macy's card must be added to your Macy's account) 

Select & activate those that interest you 

Shop with the offers at some of your fave spots - juse use your Card!

Enjoy as the savings roll in with a statement credit.

I quickly checked and have 74 offers extended, none of which had me immediately reaching for my card, but some of you especially if you don't hold any core AMEX cards may find something appealing. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 26
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX - "Introducing Amex Offers"

What is the difference between this new card and previous Macy's store AMEX credit card? Are they the same?

In several forums, I could see that the previous Macy's store AMEX card got coordinated by Macy's but not by AMEX or any bank. Despite offering ~10%-20% discount, there were several negative opinions on this card by several users.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 16 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX - "Introducing Amex Offers"

@xenon3030 wrote:

What is the difference between this new card and previous Macy's store AMEX credit card? Are they the same?

In several forums, I could see that the previous Macy's store AMEX card got coordinated by Macy's but not by AMEX or any bank. Despite offering ~10%-20% discount, there were several negative opinions on this card by several users.

this card is backed by DSNB a subsidiary  of Citibank so it only runs on the Amex network not run by Amex. Ive had zero issues with it. Look longer than a day on the interwebz forcreviews you're bound to always find those negative reviewsSmiley Wink

Message 17 of 26
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit Not to hijack ur thread but im curious about this card...Is it hard to get approved for? Are they still generous with CL's / CLI;s? Hmmm....Im intrigued lol

Message 18 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit Not to hijack ur thread but im curious about this card...Is it hard to get approved for? Are they still generous with CL's / CLI;s? Hmmm....Im intrigued lol

Hi @Doodlebug30  no worries about the hijackSmiley Wink i carry the MOD Squad, so i fear no evil....or TOS violations 😆 

I dont believe the Macys card to be truely hard to get. As long as your credit is decent, most can get it. Im actually suprised more people dont go after this instead of going for bucket Cap One cards, though i understand that specific meed. 

A $300 sl is common but in no way should be viewed negatively as this is one of the easiest cards to grow with minimal spend . Perfect card for padding if thats your thing but apart from that, if you shop Macys its a nice card. Mine started out as a $300 store card and was eventually upgraded to Amex, no new account created unlike Synchrony. It now sits at $25k, my first 25k card ever!. 

Many are currently playing the request cli every 31 days in a race to get to 25k which can happen in less than a year. It does cut into overall Citi exposure even though its run by DSNB, subsidiary of Cit. Overall , pif and use it sparingly or alot, i highly recommend this cardSmiley Happy. Two AJC 👍👍UPSmiley Happy

Message 19 of 26
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Thanks @AverageJoesCredit ! Sounds like i might be coming out of the garden...again...Still SP CLI's right? I wonder why all citi's other retail cards are HP but this one is SP....

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.