Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex now with Amex offers

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Macy's Amex now with Amex offers

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

Thanks @AverageJoesCredit ! Sounds like i might be coming out of the garden...again...Still SP CLI's right? I wonder why all citi's other retail cards are HP but this one is SP....

It's a mixed bag with Citi Retail Services.  CLI requests for the Sears and Bloomingdale's cards are for example also SP-based.

My guess is that it's based upon the agreement in place with each individual retailer.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 21 of 26
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Thanks @coldfusion , Im feeling like i want to apply lol...

Message 22 of 26
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

Thanks @coldfusion , Im feeling like i want to apply lol...

Just understand that if you apply and if approved they may only offer you the store card and not a choice between receiving the store card or the card using the AMEX payment network.  Either way if applying online you should not expect the possibility of a SL of more than $1K.

With the store card there is a real possibility of being offered to convert to the AMEX version down the road but offers are extended at their discretion and receiving an offer is not guaranteed.  Or, it's possible to apply at a later date with a HP to try to also get the AMEX card as they do, or at least they did, allow a cardholder to posess both card types.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 23 of 26
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@coldfusion yeah from what I understand it's the same process as best buy citi card..you apply & if you qualify for both they give you the choice between the two. I did qualify for best buys visa version and took it (1 yr ago) and my credit is about the same as it was then if not slightly better so hopefully they do offer the amex version. I was going to apply in-store. I always do with store cards. I hope they don't give me just the store card I really don't want another store only card...

I currently have kohls(3k), HD(5K)and Cardi's furniture which is synch (10k)....but I use all tho for either 0% financing or the perks that come with it like discounts 

Message 24 of 26
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

In-store is a bit different because they will approve a SL of more than $1K if they feel your profile warrants it.  Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 25 of 26
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Resurrecting this thread...

Just got the offer to upgrade my Macy's to the Macy's AmEx the other day (recent medium purchases plus increased credit line to 5k from 300... dunno the actual trigger, it's 10 years old now).

Waiting on it to arrive in the mail, and was poking around on their website impatiently... and discovered that it now has access to AmEx offers, which actually makes it more than "meh" for the additional categories! Since they are worded as "one enrolled card per card member across all American Express offer channels", this made me raise an eyebrow since some of the offers are already attached to my other AmEx cards, but it allowed me to add them here... and they will actually be more useful for some of them on this card, as well as easily allowing me to hit Platinum level to make the card itself more useful for it's main purpose!

Did some quick hunting around and confirmed I can't add it to my AmEx app with my other cards, since is DSNB (Citi for now), not actually run by AmEx despite having the offers now.

Since this is the only card I have been going to the actual website for over the years, due to only using it once in a blue moon, it's the only one I don't manage via phone app. Decided that now that it will be an actual CC, to cave and downloaded the Macy's app.

Welp, I can't find where to add the AmEx offers via the app, and the internet pointed me to this thread... and now you're all caught up! 😃

TLDR:

Has anyone figured out how to add AmEx offers to the Macy's AmEx via the app yet, or is it still something that can only be done via the website?

SD - Biz -
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.