cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex - what are the requirements?

tag
C6
Regular Contributor

Macy's Amex - what are the requirements?

What are the requirements for the Macy's Amex out of the gate? Has anyone applied and started out with the Amex card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Amex - what are the requirements?

@C6 wrote:

What are the requirements for the Macy's Amex out of the gate? Has anyone applied and started out with the Amex card?

I opened my Macy's AX recently, May 2021. Can you fog a mirrorSmiley Surprised

Thanks

Mark

Message 2 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

There is no known hard threshold but you may want to consider searching the Approvals section of the forum to see some examples of successful applications. 

When you apply you are automatically considered for both the AMEX and the store card and if you qualify for the AMEX version of the card you will be offered your choice the store card or the version that uses the AMEX payment network.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@C6 wrote:

Thanks

Mark

The ancillary information doesn't help the OP @Anonymous.  The OP is looking for things like scores, AAoA, plus other meaningful stats.  Anyone can post their CR history, but that isn't really helpful, is it?

@C6 - you can apply directly for the AmEx version and most folks recommend applying directly in-store to speed up the verification process (you'll be prompted with and option for the store version or AmEx). You can also search our Approvals forum for data points on specific Macy's AmEx approvals. I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences on your question.

Message 4 of 9
C6
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the answers. I couldn't find many data points when I searched as most seemed to be applying for the store card. 

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@C6 wrote:

Thanks for the answers. I couldn't find many data points when I searched as most seemed to be applying for the store card. 

Can you tell us more about your overall profile or stats?  This way, members can provide some feedback on the feasibility of obtaining the card based on your info. Things like your FICO scores, AAoA, utilization, how many recently opened accounts + inquiries (i.e. in the past 6-12 months), any negatives, etc.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@C6 wrote:

Thanks

Mark

The ancillary information doesn't help the OP @Anonymous.  The OP is looking for things like scores, AAoA, plus other meaningful stats.  Anyone can post their CR history, but that isn't really helpful, is it?

Agreed, my mistake, sorry.

It looks like for the AX version that Citi is wanting a FICO score of 680 ish, can be higher or lower depending on income and how much utilization you have.

For me I have 2% utilization total and no more then 8% utilization on any one card. The cleaner your report (no baddies) the more apt you are to receive an offer for the AX version. I never had any baddies and I was offered the AX version right off the bat. It cant hurt to try the worst that can happen is that you get the store version and wait for an upgrade with solid use and scores.

Thanks

Mark

Message 7 of 9
C6
Regular Contributor

Fico scores are 720 - 750 depending on bureau / version. I'm not sure the average age but oldest is 10 - 15 years. Inquiries in past 24 months are 4 on EX, 1 on EQ, and 0 on TU. Two new cards in the past year. Utilization averages 1 - 2 % as I always PIF. My only baddie is a 6 year old student loan late. I wouldn't want the store card as I wouldn't use it much. Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C6 wrote:

Fico scores are 720 - 750 depending on bureau / version. I'm not sure the average age but oldest is 10 - 15 years. Inquiries in past 24 months are 4 on EX, 1 on EQ, and 0 on TU. Two new cards in the past year. Utilization averages 1 - 2 % as I always PIF. My only baddie is a 6 year old student loan late. I wouldn't want the store card as I wouldn't use it much. Thanks.

Everything sounds great for you to get the AX version, however, you did not state your income. It may ride on that but you look really good for the AX version. I would suggest you go for it

Thanks

Mark

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.